Lose weight with walking 20000 steps

Options
Anyone just walking to lose weight ?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    As long as you are creating a calorie deficit this will help you to lose weight, but if you aren't eating under maintenance calories it doesn't matter how far you walk.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    hroderick wrote: »
    I just walk. But I have to count calories to lose weight. Here's what I discovered: use calories to manage weight; use exercise to manage strength and endurance; use food choices to manage health

^^ This guy knows what's up. Well said.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan in theory, but ends in frustration for many.

Without being managing food intake (at least somewhat) it's far too easy to eat a good % of your activity calories back. If you allow a cookie here, an extra bite of food there, you can erode away the calorie deficit you are depending on.

Also, if you do manage to lose weight a smaller you is going to require somewhat fewer calories forever. Logging calories in AND out lets you see those numbers and helps you adjust accordingly.
  • TulieRose21
    TulieRose21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’m just walking, but I’m only doing 10,000 steps daily. It’s hard enough to get that in. I can’t imagine getting in 20,000 steps every day.

I manage my calories too, and don’t eat into my exercise calories. I’m losing weight slowly but surely, using this method.