I have 350 calories left and im craving sugar !!!!

Options
Opalprincess99
Opalprincess99 Posts: 88 Member
edited June 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Should i workout and try my best to fast or accept that im gonna go over my calories today?:( its only 1:30 pm and i ate 1250 calories and my goal is 1600. .. Feel like im gonna fail

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You have eaten most of you calories by 1.30pm? Not good for weightloss because you should be eating in a way that stops you from getting too hungry.
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    You have eaten most of you calories by 1.30pm? Not good for weightloss because you should be eating in a way that stops you from getting too hungry.

Yes I know 😰😰😰😰
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Eat REAL light for dinner...You can do this!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    350 is enough for dinner (I would have eaten breakfast and lunch before 1:30 most days), although going over by 100 cal on one day isn't a big thing either. If you want to try to stick to the calories, try something like lean meat and vegetables or perhaps a vegetable omelet for dinner.

For the sugar craving, if you can't ignore it (personally I typically don't eat between meals), can you try something like berries or a small apple (which would likely make it harder not to go over, but like I said not a big thing). Of course if you planned to workout you should eat back at least some of those cals, so you might not even go over.

The most important thing is not to fall into catastrophic thinking (I overate one day, so I will fail, might as well quit!) or beating yourself up, but use it as a learning opportunity -- look back and figure out how come you happened to eat more of your calories early than intended. Did you have an unplanned treat without logging it first? Misjudge the calories in something? Were you hungrier than expected?
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Are you actually hungry, or are you just craving something sweet?

If you're hungry, then eat, log your calories, accept that you might go over, and try pre-planning your meals in the future so you don't run out of calories before the end of the day.

If you're just craving something sweet but don't have a lot of calories, try tea or other drinks with zero calorie sweetener, gum, a small piece of candy.

Don't get into a habit of working out just because you feel that you have to "earn" every calorie. That way can lead to overexercising and dangerous mindsets about eating.

Thank you i really appreciate this advice...im making myselt some peppermint green tea right now and im gonna try to drink water until im not so hungry.😪😪😪 and just the usual gym trip of prob 20 mins xD
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options

If you're hungry, then eat, log your calories, accept that you might go over, and try pre-planning your meals in the future so you don't run out of calories before the end of the day.

If you're just craving something sweet but don't have a lot of calories, try tea or other drinks with zero calorie sweetener, gum, a small piece of candy.

Don't get into a habit of working out just because you feel that you have to "earn" every calorie. That way can lead to overexercising and dangerous mindsets about eating.

*cough* I was going to suggest exercising for a few extra calories but I also exercise to eat more since even my maintenance if I weren't to exercise would be in the "oh hell, no" category.

Also, OP, you're not failing at anything if you go over your calories. It's one day and trying to figure out how to eat so you *can* eat without running out of calories is a process.

I hope those 1,250 calories were full of deliciousness at least. :)
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

*cough* I was going to suggest exercising for a few extra calories but I also exercise to eat more since even my maintenance if I weren't to exercise would be in the "oh hell, no" category.

Also, OP, you're not failing at anything if you go over your calories. It's one day and trying to figure out how to eat so you *can* eat without running out of calories is a process.

I really hope that going to the gym won't make me too hungry later but it usually is a good motivator for me so im gonna try it out and shoot for burning a good 250 cals at least
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Should i workout and try my best to fast or accept that im gonna go over my calories today?:( its only 1:30 pm and i ate 1250 calories and my goal is 1600. .. Feel like im gonna fail

How about a diet soda or piece of sugarless gum?

Sometimes you just have to go over calories on one day, but learn something from it in the process. Are you eating foods you really like? Do you have a plan to deal with the obstacles you run into?

I always have Dove Dark chocolate Promises and/or the 100 cal packs you can get around holidays of M&Ms or something like that on hand. I also find if I'm not really hungry, fruit or mint flavored teas and diet soda will often do the trick. I also pre-log as often as possible (including some free calories for snacks).

But sometimes I go off plan and it doesn't fill me up like it should and I end up over calories. It happens, and it's not failure. The only thing that will cause failure is quitting :smile:

I ❤that statment ! Youre right I can definitely not be perfect but def should try harder not to quit cuz honestly youre right and im tired of quitting ! I post about 30 lbs but i wanna lose a good 30 more and asapp so im trying to stay motivated
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    350 is enough for dinner (I would have eaten breakfast and lunch before 1:30 most days), although going over by 100 cal on one day isn't a big thing either. If you want to try to stick to the calories, try something like lean meat and vegetables or perhaps a vegetable omelet for dinner.

For the sugar craving, if you can't ignore it (personally I typically don't eat between meals), can you try something like berries or a small apple (which would likely make it harder not to go over, but like I said not a big thing). Of course if you planned to workout you should eat back at least some of those cals, so you might not even go over.

The most important thing is not to fall into catastrophic thinking (I overate one day, so I will fail, might as well quit!) or beating yourself up, but use it as a learning opportunity -- look back and figure out how come you happened to eat more of your calories early than intended. Did you have an unplanned treat without logging it first? Misjudge the calories in something? Were you hungrier than expected?

Yeah that makes a lot of sense I think that the best option is to probably work out and burn some calories and try my best to not go over my calories but yeah that's a good idea I'll probably have like a light omelette type of dinner or something with lean meat have some beef flanken style ribs leftover but they're kind of fatty so I should probably stick with the leaner option for the rest of the night or some vegetables LOL I had some tea to help with my sugar craving so that is better.

Overall I feel a lot better about it
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Having a regular exercise routine that allows you to eat more calories is great. I do that because my maintenance calories without exercise are 1400.

Having the mindset that you're going to do more exercise than you intended because you didn't plan your food intake is potentially dangerous. That has led me, personally, to overexercising without proper rest.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Treat any day that you don't stay within your calories as a learning experience. My routine now is rock solid but it didn't start that way and things can still come up to throw me off track a little. I don't worry about it and I never worry about going over my goal on occasion. One of the key differences between a diet and a lifestyle is that a lifestyle has to be flexible because life is messy and we are human and make mistakes.