1000 minutes per month challenge - August 2011

Options
We are a group of MFP's who have committed to doing 1000 minutes of exercise per month (minimum). We count minutes for all types of exercise: yoga, aerobics, walking, weight training, strength work, stretching or heavy gardening. You be the judge of whether it's exercise. We're here to support, encourage, and set challenges for ourselves. It's all about intention. If we don't make the 1000 minutes this month, there's next month to go for it. Newcomers always welcome!

Here’s how to join, plus some additional information:
• You simply post to join.
• You will keep track of your own minutes every month-see intro to see what types of activities count toward the total. If you join us mid-month, it's ok to try for a percentage of the 1000, e.g. join on the 15th, go for 50% or 500 minutes.
• Most people track on the days they workout, sometimes more.
• We try to encourage and support each other.
• First one on-line starts us out-post the intro in the first post and your workouts in the next post. (We always love anyone who takes the initiative to start us!)
• Not many folks post on weekends but more post on Monday-Friday.

Replies

• nixona1031
    nixona1031 Posts: 133
    Options
    Hello again! This is the second thread post of the day. If you find the 1000 minute challenge Friday thread you may also post there but we will continue to post on this thread until the end of the month.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Putting my minutes in this thread for August so far: 2031!

Looking forward to encouraging all the new joiners :-)
  • yodeano
    yodeano Posts: 6
    Options
    bump *I am looking forward to trying this challenge. will start 9/1 if that is okay?
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Sounds like it will keep me going. :smile:
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just checked my minutes for August so far, 841 minutes. Looking forward to being a part of this!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just went through my log as well and since August 15th I have logged 617 minutes. I hope you start one for September as well.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ok... according to your definition of what counts as an exercise minute, I have 1487 exercise minutes so far for August. :bigsmile:
  • DMC6282
    DMC6282 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am interested in joining in. This seems like it will keep me in gear to getting more exercise.
    Screen name DMC6282
    Single
    From GA
    1 child (she is 14 months and I love her so!)
    Office manager
    I'm 29
    I will start the posting on the 1st as well. Can't wait!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    is there going to a september one? i would love to do this!
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Hello everyone! Yes, there will be a September challenge for 1000 minutes. Keep you eyes open on the first day for the new thread.
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Good morning everyone! We're almost done with August. Woo hoo!
  • sal0118
    sal0118 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just started on 8/20 and I went through my log.

I have 302.

Have a great weekend. Sharon
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    can't wait for september, need the kick to get back into it when the kids go to school!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I did 95 minutes of exercise on Friday and 138 minutes today (Saturday).
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    2136 as of this afternoon - yoga class went long today so I logged it as 105 minutes instead of the usual 90.
  • nixona1031
    Options
    Adding 90 minutes of walking. Yippie!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    2265 for August so far, but this was a low week since we started back to homeschool. Ive got to keep up my workouts. It will work out like it always does!
  • nixona1031
    Options
    bump
    what does bump mean?
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    bump is what people put on a post when they want to read it but have time, then it will appear on their recent posts so they can find it again