New Here - Cant figure this out 😌

Options
2»

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    But this wasnt always so. I gained the weight prior to work. So now im just now trying to make it work. At one point i was eating more but it wasnt always healthh crap sadly lol

You might find some ideas here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Pages 1-3 are sort of general thoughts, pages 4-5 are recipes, pages 5-7 are pictures of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson posing in front of food, and pages 7+ are more recipes and links to meal plans where I can find them.

But when you're drastically under fueling your body (assuming good logging, etc) what's wrong with including some of the "less healthy" stuff? Your body needs certain nutrients in food and it will get them from broccoli or potato chips or almonds or ice cream. As long as nothing is crowding out the nutrient dense choices and you're getting adequate nutrition (enough fats, protein, vitamins, etc), then eat the foods you like to get your calories up.

@diannethegeek thank you - and i just mean like im a big french fry hoe and ill deff at that. Last month I lost 8lbs bc i was on a subway bet lmao i won.

But its not that I do this on purpose? My nerves just consume me and I lose the appetite. The slim fast shakes work well for the morning bur i want to switch to alkamind protein shakes and get more protein.

Since i drive a lot for work i cant find the time to eat until after 5pm anyway. If i eat lunch imma be miserable and NOT want to work. Story of muh liffffe

If you have trouble eating a lot... drink a lot of your calories. I can make smoothies that have 800-1000 calories each easy. Since you are drinking the SlimFast you might be able to make something you like that is calorie dense.
    Anything easy to eat "on the run" will help as well. Protein bars, fruits, small portion snacks, etc. I'm similar in not wanting to eat much when work is physical, but if you can sneak in a couple hundred calories now and then in small portions it does help.

I'd also track your actual weight loss for a while, the main reason being to verify the accuracy of your step counter. Your calorie adjustments seem on the high side. I'm a 200 lb guy and only burn 35-40 calories a mile walking. In your case the packages might add some calorie burn, but unless you're going quite a distance with each package probably not much really.

But as quoted above, if you are under fueling, it will catch up with you.
  • saundraxo
    saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    But this wasnt always so. I gained the weight prior to work. So now im just now trying to make it work. At one point i was eating more but it wasnt always healthh crap sadly lol

You might find some ideas here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

Pages 1-3 are sort of general thoughts, pages 4-5 are recipes, pages 5-7 are pictures of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson posing in front of food, and pages 7+ are more recipes and links to meal plans where I can find them.

But when you're drastically under fueling your body (assuming good logging, etc) what's wrong with including some of the "less healthy" stuff? Your body needs certain nutrients in food and it will get them from broccoli or potato chips or almonds or ice cream. As long as nothing is crowding out the nutrient dense choices and you're getting adequate nutrition (enough fats, protein, vitamins, etc), then eat the foods you like to get your calories up.

@diannethegeek thank you - and i just mean like im a big french fry hoe and ill deff at that. Last month I lost 8lbs bc i was on a subway bet lmao i won.

But its not that I do this on purpose? My nerves just consume me and I lose the appetite. The slim fast shakes work well for the morning bur i want to switch to alkamind protein shakes and get more protein.

Since i drive a lot for work i cant find the time to eat until after 5pm anyway. If i eat lunch imma be miserable and NOT want to work. Story of muh liffffe

If you have trouble eating a lot... drink a lot of your calories. I can make smoothies that have 800-1000 calories each easy. Since you are drinking the SlimFast you might be able to make something you like that is calorie dense.
    Anything easy to eat "on the run" will help as well. Protein bars, fruits, small portion snacks, etc. I'm similar in not wanting to eat much when work is physical, but if you can sneak in a couple hundred calories now and then in small portions it does help.

I'd also track your actual weight loss for a while, the main reason being to verify the accuracy of your step counter. Your calorie adjustments seem on the high side. I'm a 200 lb guy and only burn 35-40 calories a mile walking. In your case the packages might add some calorie burn, but unless you're going quite a distance with each package probably not much really.

@robertw486 Yeah I guess i can drink the calories - i can consume drinks like no other. Eating it is just the issue i suppose

Ehh its like 40 to 50 steps per house to and from and the packages vary. As for tracking my scale isnt correct it says im 10lbs heavier than i actually am Thats why i just started measuring myself

This is stressful
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options

@robertw486 Yeah I guess i can drink the calories - i can consume drinks like no other. Eating it is just the issue i suppose

Ehh its like 40 to 50 steps per house to and from and the packages vary. As for tracking my scale isnt correct it says im 10lbs heavier than i actually am Thats why i just started measuring myself

This is stressful

How do you know what weight you 'actually' are?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options

This is stressful

Don't let it be stressful. As it stands (or walks in your case) you have the desire to lose some weight, not a very strong appetite, and an active job. For most people that's a recipe for success.

As for measuring vs weight, weight is the sure way to know if things are working to put and keep you in a calorie deficit. From the sounds of things your scale might not be consistent with another (better?) scale, but if it's consistent that doesn't really matter. Measurements tell another story and can be important to many, especially if already in a healthy weight range and more concerned with a certain appearance and/or body composition changes.

But in any case, don't let it be stressful, or make it any harder than it has to be.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    Do look at your calorie burns for sport again. Given your calorie goal you don't seem to be too heavy. To calculate how much calories you burn walking you use 0.3*weight in lbs*distance walked in miles.
    So for the sake of it I just use 200lbs weight.
    To burn 900kcal walking you'd need to walk 15 miles.
    Torn burn 900kcal when walking and you are 170lbs you'd need to walk 17.6 miles.

• saundraxo
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »

This is stressful

How do you know what weight you 'actually' are?

@robertw486 i suppose i dont. A doctor weighed me
  • saundraxo
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Do look at your calorie burns for sport again. Given your calorie goal you don't seem to be too heavy. To calculate how much calories you burn walking you use 0.3*weight in lbs*distance walked in miles.
    Torn burn 900kcal when walking and you are 170lbs you'd need to walk 17.6 miles.

@yirara do multiply it times my weight?
  • saundraxo
    edited June 2019
    Options
    According to my "dr" i should be 100lbs because i am 4"11 but when i was 160lbs my bones were popping out my mom said my face sunk in too. I cant for the life of me get under 160 and i want 150 but i can handle160 and just tone up and I am 181 currently i guess depending on bloat and other circumstances
  • ceiswyn
    Options
    It sounds like you and your mother are so used to how people look when they’re overweight, that the normal/healthy weight range looks weird to you. You’re meant to be able to see someone’s bone structure.

But I can certainly see why getting inside your healthy weight range would be a struggle; at 4’11 you must have a very low calorie requirement! So good luck with at least getting down to 160 :)
  • saundraxo
    Options
    It sounds like you and your mother are so used to how people look when they’re overweight, that the normal/healthy weight range looks weird to you. You’re meant to be able to see someone’s bone structure.

But I can certainly see why getting inside your healthy weight range would be a struggle; at 4’11 you must have a very low calorie requirement! So good luck with at least getting down to 160 :)

@ceiswyn You are probably right but I dont like too many bones showing. Like my collar bone is when ive hit my limit lol. Mfp says if i want to lose 2lbs a week i need 1300 ish cals but i keep burning it off and it keeps going back up so theres no winning
  • ceiswyn
    Options

@ceiswyn You are probably right but I dont like too many bones showing. Like my collar bone is when ive hit my limit lol. Mfp says if i want to lose 2lbs a week i need 1300 ish cals but i keep burning it off and it keeps going back up so theres no winning

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that you're doing a lot of exercise, and if so how are you calculating your calorie burns?

If you're genuinely eating according to the amount MFP gives you, you should be losing weight, but there are a lot of mistakes people commonly make that can interfere with that; overestimating their exercise, trusting the sizes of packaged goods (a lot of them contain more than they say they do), using bad DB entries, using volume measurements instead of weight, forgetting about cooking oils, that sort of thing.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options

Yes, 0.3 times "weight in pounds" times "distance in miles"
    Thus for example 0.3 times 170 (pounds) times 5 (miles)
  • saundraxo
    Options

@yirara I did notice I have a distance thing on my treadmill I dont even look at the cals cuz its a foreign treadmill so its like Kg or some crap.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

@yirara I did notice I have a distance thing on my treadmill I dont even look at the cals cuz its a foreign treadmill so its like Kg or some crap.

Could that "crap" be km, kilometres?
    It's a very common unit of measurement.
  • saundraxo
    Options

@yirara i think so - says 67 kg after a half hour. Usually tread at the gym will actuallg say CALS
  • ceiswyn
    Options

@yirara i think so - says 67 kg after a half hour. Usually tread at the gym will actuallg say CALS

I bet it isn't saying 'kg' :)