Healthy breakfast

Options
13»

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I have three staple breakfasts. One is an Ocean's tuna snack with the rice crackers. Lots of protein and only 145 calories. Then there's the finn crisp crackers (4) and some light salmon cream cheese. The third one is a Low cal bagel (140 cal) and light cream cheese.
  • 0Sonia0
    0Sonia0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg
    light and fit toasted coconut yogurt
    two tablespoons of granola in the yogurt
    I've been eating this same breakfast for over a year.
  • Suzyqk0205
    Suzyqk0205 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just made 2 eggs over easy with sautéed mushrooms, onion, kale. and 1 raw tomato.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and a glass of water.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Rye toast with cream cheese
    Scrambled eggs and bacon
    Scrambled eggs and chorizo
    Protein shake
    Oatmeal and PB
    Flat white
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Usually some combo of hummus and crackers, boiled eggs, cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, banana...and, of course, coffee!
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I generally have some combination of hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese, string cheese, fruit like a banana or apple or orange, celery and peanut butter, cashews or peanuts, high-protein low-fat yogurt with berries, or a low-cal granola bar. On the weekend I will have toast. Once a month I treat myself to a bagel with cream cheese, and once a month I also get a chocolate croissant. Those are both still in my calorie budget.

I used to make a blueberry banana yogurt smoothie, which is also in my calories. It comes out a beautiful purple color. Now I just eat the yogurt with bananas and blueberries, and it seems to last longer than a smoothie. But they were very good.

And coffee. I always have one or two cups of coffee.
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Homemade kefir (or yoghurt) with oats was my drug in the morning. I got casein intolerance now and can't have kefir anymore but I highly recommend it as a healthy breakfast!

And if you go "omg, this tastes like sawdust" try adding some raisins or something similar 😁
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Generally on a work day I take overnight oats with me (30g oats, protein powder, alpro coconut milk, greek yoghurt, fruit). Or sometimes I make eggs benedict on sourdough (at weekend). My other favourite is a boiled egg with marmite soldiers!
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    2 eggs and 2 bilinski chicken breakfast sausages during the week. Weekends I don't normally eat breakfast.
  • leonariley6898
    leonariley6898 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love avocado toast.2 Dave’s Killer organic 21 grain thin sliced bread , spread with 1/2 of an avocado and sprinkle with a tad of pink sea salt. And other days it’s eggs 1 or 2 and 2 butterball all natural turkey sausage patties.In a hurry then a blueberry, kale, 1/2 banana,protein powder, soy smoothie.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I consider my latte healthy. Lol
  • mimimunchery
    mimimunchery Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I often have a non-fat vanilla chobani greek yogurt with blueberries. Really yummy and surprisingly filling for only about 140 cals. Also works reallly well with walnuts, but they add up calorie-wise
  • Jennashleyf
    Jennashleyf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i have 1 egg and 1/2 cup egg whites scrambled with a little cheese (usually about 15 grams) and spinach, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and 2 slices of rye bread almost everyday! comes up to approx. 425 calories :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    flomck25 wrote: »
    steel cut oats with fruit (usually raspberrie, sometime strawberry or mango) and spices. some cocoa nibs
    steel cut oats with fruit (usually raspberrie, sometime strawberry or mango) and spices. some cocoa nibs

Sounds unusual !! What are steel cut oats?

a less processed oatmeal if you will. needs more cooking, i find it much more filling than oatmeal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel-cut_oats

Quaker now makes 3-Minute Quick Steel Cut Oats. Aldi also sells their brand of them.