Getting a bit fed up

Options
13»

Replies

• mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    What helps for me usually is having a cheat day, my cheat day usually is about 300-500 calories higher than my regular days, I like to zig zag diet, because your body gets used to a routine, and it helps to keep it guessing.. Example: eat 1200 one day, 1300 the next, 1100 the next day, and zig zag it until your cheat day, then you can log everything on your cheat day just to keep the app steady, but don’t worry about the caloric number on that day, obviously don’t go TOO crazy and eat 10,000 calories, lol, but eating pizza for dinner and eating a slice of cake afterwards shouldn’t worry you on that day..... then the next day you might see a pound up, but drink a bunch of water and it goes back down by like the end of the day, I find that helps me lose more weight.....

You don’t have to keep your body “guessing” to lose weight. Zig zagging is not necessary, just a calorie deficit.
    I didn’t say it was necessary, I said it’s what helped me.... and it has helped a LOT of people I know, because your body DOES get used to routine, just like how your hormones can become out of whack if you eat too few calories...... yes a deficit is what you need, but for people who are like me and struggle even when in a deficit, zig zagging can be a possibility to try out.... just like exercise, if it becomes too routine, your muscles get used to it and don’t grow like they did at first, things slow down, things are not AS effective, so it’s good to change things up.....

There is evidence to support that increasing calories occasionally can be helpful in losing weight: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/metabolic-adaptation/.
  • rarecandy89
    rarecandy89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    mstarks01 wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    What helps for me usually is having a cheat day, my cheat day usually is about 300-500 calories higher than my regular days, I like to zig zag diet, because your body gets used to a routine, and it helps to keep it guessing.. Example: eat 1200 one day, 1300 the next, 1100 the next day, and zig zag it until your cheat day, then you can log everything on your cheat day just to keep the app steady, but don’t worry about the caloric number on that day, obviously don’t go TOO crazy and eat 10,000 calories, lol, but eating pizza for dinner and eating a slice of cake afterwards shouldn’t worry you on that day..... then the next day you might see a pound up, but drink a bunch of water and it goes back down by like the end of the day, I find that helps me lose more weight.....

You don’t have to keep your body “guessing” to lose weight. Zig zagging is not necessary, just a calorie deficit.
    I didn’t say it was necessary, I said it’s what helped me.... and it has helped a LOT of people I know, because your body DOES get used to routine, just like how your hormones can become out of whack if you eat too few calories...... yes a deficit is what you need, but for people who are like me and struggle even when in a deficit, zig zagging can be a possibility to try out.... just like exercise, if it becomes too routine, your muscles get used to it and don’t grow like they did at first, things slow down, things are not AS effective, so it’s good to change things up.....

There is evidence to support that increasing calories occasionally can be helpful in losing weight: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/metabolic-adaptation/.

Exactly, by increasing calories, even if it’s just some of the days if not every day, (zig zagging) it can be very beneficial, the calorie example that I originally gave was just that, an example of numbers, every persons calorie requirements will be different of course, but if some days you eat about 300 calories more than your restricted days, that increase can spark your body into a weight loss mode, especially if there has been a plateau... :) I’ve been at a plateau the last couple weeks, and today it finally gave in and I’m down 2 pounds, so hopefully now it’s kicked back into gear!
  • rarecandy89
    Options
    You guys are very literal, I know I was going to lose that 2 pounds, and I didn’t attribute to just one high day, I attribute it to ALL my efforts that I’ve put into doing it all, and a plateau can last “several days to several weeks.” Zig zagging is not JUST zig zagging under your BMI, zig zagging can be one day under, one day at and one day above..... but whatever, you guys don’t have to do it, who cares, it works for me, it’s not like I plan it out, but I stay between my set calories, like I don’t JUST stick to a steady “1200” a day, I eat and some days I’m under and some days I’m over.... it’s not like I’m sitting over here “I need to plan out this zig zag.” I just used that as an example..... *face palms at all you* OG poster said she was fed up, said she didn’t know why she wasn’t losing weight, I just gave a suggestion, I lost 50 pounds after my first son doing what I do, and I’m already down 16 pounds again after my second son doing it again, but whatever, I could care less that you guys have your panties in a twist over me suggesting to not be super strict to a certain number of calories, but to focus in the general area.... Lol and yes, your body DOES fall into routine, so changing things up can be good for weight loss or building muscle..... eating too few calories does cause your metabolism to slow down, and can cause more plateaus, homone imbalances, so yes, there is what is known as “starvation mode” and there IS a weight loss mode, just like there is a maintenance mode and a weight gain mode.... but again, whatever, you do you, if it works, woo hoo for you! I’ll still cheer you on.... I grew up in a personal trainer house, my mom was a personal trainer, dietician and the whole nine yards..... I didn’t go after that job myself, but I learned everything..... the point of it all is EVERY BODY IS DIFFERENT, you need to find what works for you and your personal body, I gave a suggestion, one of many suggestions out there that I saw hadn’t been mentioned yet to try, and it’s what I have personally done because it’s been the only thing that’s worked for me.
  • daubna08
    daubna08 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Make sure to drink a lot of water! I can see a huge difference in weight loss if I chug water, especially if I cut out all other drinks as well. I make sure to drink at least 100 oz each day. Only extra drink is my 1 cup of coffee in the AM. Good luck on your journey, you’ll get there!!
  • rarecandy89
    Options
    thank you all. Steady weight loss but now up to 10 pounds loss.

Woo hoo!! Good job!! I’m at 18 pounds down so far now! It always eventually comes off, the only for sure key to losing weight of consistency and moderation! Good job for sticking through it!