Are you a douche bag if you wear Gym Shark?

Replies

• jiggyj9
    jiggyj9 Posts: 90 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Maybe look at how or why that perception developed for you.

I tend to look at workout wear with the eye of "I like that outfit" and if there's an opportunity, I'll ask the brand and/or where they got it (if it's not obvious to me). As far as seeing someone wearing a specific brand and assuming they are "x" type of person, I don't recall that being a thing for me.

Maybe the OP just had a couple of “bad association” incidents.

Like if you get cut off a few times by people driving Land Rovers and you say “people who drive Land Rovers are jerks”. I mean, most prolly are, but we still shouldn’t be so judgy.

I’ll be honest here, I don’t have any bad association with the brand. Perhaps I’m becoming more judgmental towards “trends” as I get older.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,528 Member
    I've never even heard of gym shark! I don't care what people wear to the gym, to each their own. I will read shirts if there's a saying or logo on it, just habit, but won't assign any meaning to it.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Never heard of Gym Shark. It doesn't matter to me what brand people wear.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    I've never heard of Gym Shark, I hopped on the link that was above, I didn't find anything very gaudy or douche worthy. There were a few items that had large logos, but even them, they didn't look outrageous.
    I'd have no problem with someone wearing them at the gym.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I don't care what anyone else wears at the gym, except I prefer everyone cover up their bits. If you have the $$ and want to buy expensive gear, more power to ya! If you got a ratty old tshirt, that's ok too. To each their own.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I don't really care what people wear.

Now people who stink like perfume or smoke on the trail, that's a different story.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Now I am singing "gym shark doo doo doo doo doo doo"

We're gonna need a bigger boat, I mean, gym.
This discussion has been closed.