September 120 + Miles Walking Challenge

Options
Hi,

I would like to start a relatively easy challenge for September coming for anybody to join. My most effective exercise is walking as I can fit in anytime of the day, can endure long distances burning a lot of calories without the need of recovery and its free.

All this challenge involves is just trying to achieve a walking mileage of at least 120 miles in September. This can be done in conjunction with any other forms of exercise you may undertake or just as your main exercise. Ideally the aim should be to walk 30miles per week which equates to approximately 10,000 steps 6/7 days, or mix it up whichever way you like.

Each week members of the group will post how far they’ve walked and lbs lost. It would also be great if in between members post comments on how they make walking more effective in weight loss for them etc.

Week 1 – xx miles and xxx lbs (Thursday 8th September)
Week 2 - xx miles and xxx lbs (Thursday 15th September)
Week 3 - xx miles and xxx lbs (Thursday 22nd September)
Week 4 - xx miles and xxx lbs (Thursday 29th September)

Total Walked – xxx miles (Thursday 29th September)
Total lost – xxx lbs (Thursday 29th September)

Hope you will join me in this! :happy:

Replies

• quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like this...I'm in! Now I'll just have to remember to post my updates every week!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i would love to join this, need some motivation to get my walking back into gear
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    I like this...I'm in! Now I'll just have to remember to post my updates every week!

i bought a cheap diary for just that, i keep note of exercise challenges and group check in dates, miles walked and my weight
  • Squeezyweezy
    Squeezyweezy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Think it's a fantastic challenge. I am starting back at the gym on Thursday (1st Sept), so it's perfect timing. It's hard for me to believe I could walk 120 miles, so defo up for the challenge. xx
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ok, I am in and Iove to walk.
  • ksmills_
    Options
    I'm in hopefully i will remember to post
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • lilsnowbird
    Options
    I am in....great Idea tx.
  • Squeezyweezy
    Squeezyweezy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great idea about keeping a diary. Think I'll get a cheapy notebook from Wilkos
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Its great to have all of you already on board with me. Look forward to seeing how everyone gets along!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    Great idea about keeping a diary. Think I'll get a cheapy notebook from Wilkos

i actually got a mid year diary from poundland! it runs from august to next december
  • KimberlyDenice
    Options
    Count me in. I need to push myself even more..:)
  • momof2inMD
    Options
    I would absolutely love to join in this!
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love to walk.
  • abcgirl18
    abcgirl18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a real challage for me but I'm so in!!
  • twilight_princess
    Options
    Alright everyone, its the last day before the challenge commences. I will be posting my starting weight tomorrow just to show where my weight started from.

I'm really looking forward to this challenge as I've lost ~7lbs in August from walking about 22miles a week so hopefully I can do better this month with the increase and improved calorie goal.

Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • twilight_princess
    Options
    Hope everyone is well and still onboard. :ohwell:

So on the first day of the challenge I weigh in at 232.6lbs or 105.5kg.

Today I will start the week off with a straight 6 mile walk with ankle 1lb straps and then tomorrow 5 miles mixed up.

If your checking in let everyone know what you will be doing. Good luck.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    I was here in mind - but no computer
    I started the month at 219.6lb
    I was hoping to do the Leslie Sansone challenge but missed the start, i'll be carrying on though. The kids are back at school now and the drop off is a 2 mile round trip which atm i'm doing 3 times a day as my daughter is on half days!
  • twilight_princess
    Options
    Just 1 mile off my 30 mile target but otherwise I'm really happy with what I've done to achieve 2.2lb/ 1kg weight loss this week :love: and I have moved my BMI form category obese II to obese I. I hope by the end of the month I'll say goodbye to 16st forever and move onto my next target.

Hope this week I will exceed last week's total and try to aim for 30-35 miles. Today I aim to walk 6-8 miles depending on how I feel as last night I cycled for 30mins.
  • twilight_princess
    Options
    To anyone that sees this you can join from any Thursday until the week before the end of September and just try to aim for 30 miles per week.