Any serial starters need a buddy?

Options
DizzyBees
DizzyBees Posts: 3 Member
Female, 27, 5”2’, 175 hoping to get to under 130. I’ve started and stopped many times. Looking for motivation or people for accountability.

Replies

• cassieameliaburton
    cassieameliaburton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi
    New here, not sure on how it all works but looking for someone to journey with help kick my *kitten* and keep me motivated. Vise versa.
    32 F 168cms 100kgs first goal 85kgs before end of yr.
    Can only do light exercises as pelvis surgery beginning of year.
  • Suzettedl
    Suzettedl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Start and stop weight watchers. Female. 50. 148. Want to get to 130. Can’t seem to break my bad habits
  • clwhite07
    clwhite07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only start again every other week. I lost a lot of weight due to stress 4 years ago and I am now gaining it back. I'm at 148 now and would like to get back down to 125 before I get back up to 180. Would love buddies to keep me accountable!
  • 2Abeach
    2Abeach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I've been back and forth at least 3 times on MFP but too many times to count at weight loss attempts. I have tried everything. This time I am trying to eat low carb, Keto. It has been about a week and still getting used to eating all this fast. But seems to be working but need to give it a few weeks, at least, before I say for sure. Would love to get under 140 to somewhere close. So about 60-65 pounds to lose. I am 5'3, pretty short! It seems many of the posts on here are very old and almost like a ghost town on here since the last time I was on. But I have been logging my food daily and appreciate any support and advice on Keto. Will also support anyone else on their journey!
  • Chgogrl3828
    Chgogrl3828 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to Keto but really want to give it a try. Any tips greatly appreciated. Would love accountability buddies. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Only 2 lbs lost in 10 days. I now know that sour cream, guacamole add up carbs quickly. Thought I was doing well but frustrated now.
  • lewdkiss
    lewdkiss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yup. I’m always starting over. I’m trying to make this the last time. I’ve got about 50 lbs or so to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • jhuguez
    jhuguez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Starting over again also. Looking to lose 25 pounds but having trouble getting past 5. Definitely could use some extra support to stay consistent. Feel free to add me.
  • jennifercooney9747
    jennifercooney9747 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m always starting over. It feels like every month I’m telling myself “this time!” I want this to be my last start, dang it! I am 140 , 5’1, and my mini- goal is 125. I’d honestly be happy to fit into my old clothes comfortably again. 3 years ago I weighed 115 and that’s where I’d like to end up again, ideally. Feel free to add me, I’d love a buddy and I’d love to lend support as well!
  • ttt123123
    ttt123123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial starter too. Please add me. This time is IT. Would love to be a buddy to cheer you on!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    If you're a serial starter than embrace it rather than trying to fight it.

Serial starting a half a dozen different approaches back to back over 12 months will give you the exact same results as sticking with one approach for 12 months.
  • kirstyandmychihuahua
    kirstyandmychihuahua Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me! 27, with almost 60lbs to lose 🤪 most of which i lost 6 years ago but it's slowly come back.
  • sadie60005
    sadie60005 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep!! 60-80 to lose here. Again.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes, add me!!!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Best wishes for your journey.

If you haven't already read the stickies at the top of the getting started forums, do so. They'll help.
  • Me4now2Day
    Me4now2Day Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Serial starter here too. Today’s a rough day. Looking for friends. Add me if you’d like.
  • souschefsam
    souschefsam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    New to Keto but really want to give it a try. Any tips greatly appreciated. Would love accountability buddies. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Only 2 lbs lost in 10 days. I now know that sour cream, guacamole add up carbs quickly. Thought I was doing well but frustrated now.

Do you share your food diary with friends? If you have room for another supportive friend, please add me! :)
  • isacarvleitao
    isacarvleitao Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Forth attempt at MFP. I feel like I'm really making a change life-style wise this time. I'm 4'11'', 119 lbs (lost 13 since starting this, then regained, then lost again.. I think 114 is the lowest I've been since I realized I was not liking my body), wanting to lose 13 more and to tone up. I want to change how I eat and how much I exercise for life. I also started running, and suck at it, so I'm training to get better. I don't want to give up this time, I am tired of hating my body.

Add me and let's not give up together.
  • xblinkiiix
    xblinkiiix Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yup. Please- anyone feel free to add me and yell at me when I go M.I.A lmao. Will do the same in return!
  • tiawlewis83
    tiawlewis83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep. I think this is my 5th time starting. Add me please so we can motivate each other
  • conniev2018
    conniev2018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me too = starting for the 8th time and sad I cant get it right!!!!!