Anyone else struggling with low energy levels?

Hey, so I started using this app a little over 2 weeks ago and have noticed a really severe decrease in my energy levels, especially in the past 4-5 days. Has anyone else been struggling with this? Any advice? I’m eating the calories the app is telling me too, my nutrition is fairly close to where it should be most days, yet I just do not have the amount of energy I normally do.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    How many pounds do you need to lose, and how many lbs per week did you choose?

Are you exercising? If so, are you eating any of your exercise calories?

Did you change the type of foods you eat?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,085 Member
    More information would be extremely helpful.
  • annalubbers2019
    annalubbers2019 Posts: 3 Member
    So far I’ve lost 5.5 lbs. Optimally I would lose an additional 30 lbs or so. I chose to lose 1.5 lbs per week. I’m not regularly exercising besides the steps I’m getting in, and the only food changes I have made have been cutting out junk foods.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    When I was using the recommended 1200 calories I felt that way. I rarely drop below 1500 now.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    It's possible 1.5 is a little aggressive for you, maybe switch to 1 lb and see if it improves. And if cutting out junk food has dramatically reduced your carbs, that could be doing it to.

It could also be coincidental and not specifically diet related. How have you been sleeping? Any unusual stress lately?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    have you cut our pop or coffee? caffeine maybe?
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Possibly could be your body is adjusting to life without the junk foods? The first few weeks I did a processed sugar elimination I was soo tired physically and had brain fog as well. It passed and I felt more energy.
    Maybe your getting your calories, but how much water are you drinking? Dehydration even if mild, could be making you tired too.
  • annalubbers2019
    annalubbers2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you all. This has been very helpful, and I appreciate the quick responses.