Favorite protein powders

And go!!!! I need something that doesn’t taste like eating grass🤣

Replies

• Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member

Bowmar nutrition brand. I like the blueberry cheesecake, it’s by far better than anything I’ve tried. I like their frosted cookie too. I buy from their website.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Not sure if they're available globally (They're an Australian company) but Venom Protein (VPA) have been the best I've found.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    If you're just looking for flavor, that's pretty personal, but I'm currently enjoying Optimum Gold Standard double chocolate. It tastes malty.

The only protein powder I've ever tasted that I would compare to "grass" is Vega. I really dislike Vega.

Another option is to buy unflavored protein powder and mix it with whatever you enjoy.

If you're looking for a particular calorie/protein/price ratio, I've found this site to be helpful: https://smoothiegains.com/best-protein-app/
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I like PEScience frosted chocolate cupcake flavor. Tastes exactly like a chocolate milkshake even just mixed with water. Some people find it too sweet. I sometimes mix it half and half with Gold Standard to reduce the sweetness (but I dislike Gold Standard on its own, it tastes very bleh with no chocolate flavor to me).
  • karalynn_10
    karalynn_10 Posts: 5 Member
    Gold standard chocolate is pretty good.

I stopped buying flavored a bit ago because I just get bored . Now, I usually just buy Isopure unflavored and make it taste like whatever I want by mixing it in smoothies. It still has kind of whey tatse/ texture but it is fairly unobtrusive mixed in things.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    I really like Pure Protein Rich Chocolate. It’s 170 calories, 25g protein, and one of the cheapest brands I could find. Usually I mix it in hot water and make a “hot chocolate”
  • Huggy8123
    Huggy8123 Posts: 30 Member
    I have been using GNC Lean for over a year now and I'm very fond of it. 170 Cals and 25g of protein. The ready to drink ones are so convenient. Vanilla is heaven, the chocolate is straight from hell though lol
  • Zhatan
    Zhatan Posts: 45 Member
    I guess it depends on where you live. I use Star Nutrition and they have a large selection of flavours to select from so you are bound to find some you like. All their different chocolate flavours are great.
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Isopure. Low to zero carb. Great flavors. 25g protein for roughly 100 calories. Any GNC has. Apple Pie, Mint Chocolate Chip Sundae and Cookies and Cream are my favorites. Shake with water or almond milk.
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    If you're just looking for flavor, that's pretty personal, but I'm currently enjoying Optimum Gold Standard double chocolate. It tastes malty.

The only protein powder I've ever tasted that I would compare to "grass" is Vega. I really dislike Vega.

Another option is to buy unflavored protein powder and mix it with whatever you enjoy.

If you're looking for a particular calorie/protein/price ratio, I've found this site to be helpful: https://smoothiegains.com/best-protein-app/

That’s an awesome site. Thanks for that.

I might have to get that Musclepharm next time. What a deal!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    My personal favorite is Body Nutrition's Trutein. They have a wide variety of flavors, but I prefer chocolate peanut butter cup and banana cream.

My favorite thing is that you can order samples to try out flavors so that if you don't like something you're not wasting $40-$50: https://bodynutrition.com/collections/samples
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    I like Premier because many flavors available but I do buy Biotrust the chocolate peanutbutter is good there! Premier I like peaches and cream and banana and cream.
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    Syntha-6 from BSN. Hands down. Mixes well, tastes amazing, low sugar, etc. Comes in all kinds of flavors. Its a touch $$ but you only need 1 scoop a day for that easy 25grams of protein so itll last you a month.
  • Jenr0819
    Jenr0819 Posts: 8 Member
    I’m guessing they are all not created equal. What makes a good protein drink. Is Whey good or bad?
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Not sure if this counts but I use PB2 peanut butter powder
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    I love Sun Warrior
    Been using for years. Plant Fusion, NOW Plant protein complex, Phood, Garden of Life Sport and Orgain are others I like.
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Vega. All of them are good.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I love Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla powder. It is plant based and has fiber as well as protein.