June Challenge: Maintainers Back on Track Thread

2»

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Would love the recipe for the flat bread!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Name: sofchak
    How long in maintenance: 2.5 years
    Goal maintenance range: 122-127
    Current weight: 126.4!!!
    Current goal: get to 125... it’s now in striking range! Yippee!
    Recent success: just got back into my range for the first time in several months
    Strategy for your goal: keep tracking calories. Keep focusing on right macros for both satiation and support of marathon training - timing is key!
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Name: jrwms714
    How long in maintenance: 4.5 years
    Goal maintenance range: 136.5-138.5
    Current weight:139.5
    Current goal: Continue not eating after dinner, except occasionally.
    Recent success: Avoiding the unhealthy snack trap on a few occasions when I usually fall into it. Also, have finally maintained below 140/141 for weeks so feel I am heading toward my goal.
    Strategy for your goal: Continue to avoid the above; get back to correct range.
  • Nijntjepleintje
    Nijntjepleintje Posts: 17 Member
    Name: Nijntje
    How long in maintenance: around 9 months
    Goal maintenance range: 112-118
    Trendweight 15th June: 119.3
    Trendweight 23rd June: 119.2
    Current goal: 116
    Recent successes: not much to report this week - been feeling snacky as TOM is due, but been very good at not buying chocolate etc so at least I’m snacking on fruit.
    Strategie: probably eat at maintenance this week - Friday is the big hike day and I don’t want to be underfuelled. Back to fighting to good fight next week!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Name: Jan
    Height: 5'7.5"
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Goal maintenance range: 130-135
    Current weight:129.2

Current goal: Stabilize weight - I am getting close to finding just what my maintenance calories are (which have ended up being a a few hundred calories a day more than I had anticipated)

Recent success: Time for annual check-up, so had blood tests done. I started the weight loss process last year at this time because my cholesterol was 'borderline high' (210 total, with hdl/ldl ratio a 3) and my doc started talking about statins. Just got results and total cholesterol now at 159, so no meds :-)

Strategies: I have had some problems during maintenance with handling 'treats' (if they were in the house, I would over-indulge). Now that I feel I have a handle on calorie needs and am not undereating, I am experimenting with being able to handle treats in moderation. First item ... bought some ice cream cups (3 oz single servings, 90 calories). Will plan to incorporate them into food plan as dessert and not eat them indiscriminately. Ditto with a box of Fiber One bars, as they are an easy way to up calories on those days when I find that I am running below target.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Name: Jan
    Height: 5'7.5"
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Goal maintenance range: 130-135
    Current weight:129.2

Current goal: Stabilize weight - I am getting close to finding just what my maintenance calories are (which have ended up being a a few hundred calories a day more than I had anticipated)

Recent success: Time for annual check-up, so had blood tests done. I started the weight loss process last year at this time because my cholesterol was 'borderline high' (210 total, with hdl/ldl ratio a 3) and my doc started talking about statins. Just got results and total cholesterol now at 159, so no meds :-)

Strategies: I have had some problems during maintenance with handling 'treats' (if they were in the house, I would over-indulge). Now that I feel I have a handle on calorie needs and am not undereating, I am experimenting with being able to handle treats in moderation. First item ... bought some ice cream cups (3 oz single servings, 90 calories). Will plan to incorporate them into food plan as dessert and not eat them indiscriminately. Ditto with a box of Fiber One bars, as they are an easy way to up calories on those days when I find that I am running below target.

@jan110144
    Congratulations!!!
    You continually inspire me❣️
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Name:Diane
    How long in maintenance:3.5 years
    Goal maintenance range: 125-130
    Current weight: 132
    Current goal: 131 (pre vacation weigh 5/8t)
    Recent success: down from 135 (5/16-last week)
    Strategy for your goal: add in some more cardio, better logging, skip the ever present summer desserts and limit to 1-2/wk. limit alcohol to average 1 drink/day (so. Many. Parties).

Shorts and some dresses are still feeling a little snug, and stomach feeling a little jiggly. Trying to remember when faced with yet more ice cream that I hate this feeling

Well, first week went well, second was totally off the rails. So much eating and drinking and so little moving (I worked out but was stuck at a desk the rest of the time).

So scale is moving the wrong way and I triggered the worst gallbladder attack I’ve ever had yesterday (my gallbladder is low functioning, so any big/multi day fatty snack food binge will trigger pain). Spent the afternoon in bed, am now trying to find the lowest fat foods I can for a week or so of gallbladder reset. No fun, since a lot of low fat foods have fake sweeteners, which also trigger gallbladder problems for me. Guess I’ll actually have to plan some real meals for me (last week we hosted a foreign soccer coach and that involved a lot of cooking/prep and parties, but little non-meat healthy stuff for me). Pity party over, I’m at the gym looking forward to my vegan fake burger and salad 😆

So goal is still get back to 131. Additional goal is get gallbladder under control.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Name: jrwms714
    How long in maintenance: 4.5 years
    Goal maintenance range: 136.5-138.5
    Current weight:141
    Current goal: Continue not eating after dinner, except occasionally.
    Recent success: Weight yo-yos back up to 140/141 when it should be trending 138-139. No successes this week.
    Strategy for your goal: Continue to avoid the above; get back to correct range. Watch carefully what I am eating, i.e., up the fruits and veggies and protein, lower the carbs.