Drinking alcohol and hangovers

Options

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Eating junk with a hangover is completely normal. Avoiding drinking to that degree is doing yourself a big favor. I’m a past every day drinker (haven’t had a drink in almost 5 years) but I never drank to that level. I think I would black out. My question is how you deal with 7 children with a hangover.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Hats off to you!
  • xLollKellyx
    xLollKellyx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’ve took on board what everyone has said! It is excessive the amount I drank πŸ‘πŸ»just to let you all know I don’t drink this amount every time I just went over the top but it was a bloody good night 🀣 so I’m going to limit my drinks in future and I’m actually going to change my drink too because that bourbon is lethal πŸ™ˆ
    So I’m not in denial... I’m hungover... like death warmed up 🀣🀣🀣
    So thank you for your opinions and I’ve been really good eating and drank loads of water too πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If it's once every 3-4 months, then the day of overeating is hardly an issue.

If it's more frequent, the drinking is likely the issue.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It's good to have a night out and a good time, and having a bunch of drinks now and then is whatever but consider the way you're feeling after is legit a sort of poisoning. As part of my weight loss and diet overhaul I reduced my drinking a lot and now when I have alcohol the effects are more heightened and noticeable and it honestly doesn't feel great sometimes especially if I am thinking hard about what it's really doing to me. I'm not about to go teetotal or anything but I do think twice or three times before I have any alcohol these days.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ» I don’t drink often (once every 6-8weeks) but when I do, I tend to not eat much that day to save calories for my drink (I know not such a smart move) but the next day I drink loads of water but cravvvve naughty food πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆi have about 6/7 glasses (doubles) of bourbon whiskey and maybe one or two kopperbergs to start the night and that’s it l!
    Alcohol is the DEVIL 🀣🀣🀣🀣

What is a Kopperberg ?
    you are right alcohol is the Devil
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Kopperberg is like alcopops used to be, I think. My niece and her friends were drinking it last time I was back in the UK. Tall and fruity, probably malt liquor.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Kopperberg is like alcopops used to be, I think. My niece and her friends were drinking it last time I was back in the UK. Tall and fruity, probably malt liquor.

It's cider
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Shows what I know!
  • dm01234_1
    dm01234_1 Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: Β»
    ......That combined with the feeling like crap keeps me from having more than a couple of drinks anymore, it's not worth it for me. Hope you find your happy medium :smile:

This... All the way!

OP... eventually (probably) you may reach a point where you become sick of feeling like crap and that will be your own personal line to draw.
  • marcrtaylor
    marcrtaylor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Spicy food, it satisfies the craving a bit more. Maybe some healthy noodles and veggies, just make sure it has lots of umami flavour and spices and it will be a bit more satisfying.