Women 200lb+, Let's Step It Up In June!!!

Options

Replies

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    I had to go back and look at my May goals. I had really wanted to lose 50 lbs by today so I could tell anybody who asked at my friend’s wedding. I got derailed when my uncle died last week. We’ve had several family gatherings, and I’ve eaten some things I should have stayed away from. Ultimately, I’m down 49 lbs, and I’m OK with that because it’s still a 6 lb loss in May!

May NSV - I have several so I’ll toss them out one post at a time throughout June as motivators. My victory - somebody at the gym called me their hero for my perseverance. I haven’t skipped a night at the gym since early May.

SW 268 Nov 2018
    CW 219
    GW1 217
    GW2 196 - at the current rate it will take 3 months to get there, but gradual is healthier, right!!??

I go for 10% every time I make a goal.

June goals
    Make GW1
    Get away from the food I ate at the end of May
    Keep going to the gym - get to 10 minutes on the elliptical comfortably
    New recipes -sucked at this in May

Let’s go!!!

Connie in KY

So I looked back at the beginning of the month goals to see where I am now that we are almost half way through June.

GW1 217 - Met this goal!! CW 215.8!!! Next stop - 196...and Onederland!!
    Getting away from the bad food at the end of May - yeah, I have, but I'm finding myself hungry at night. I need more protein in dinner
    The gym - I have been faithful except the nights I took a 3 mile walk at Waterfront Park. The weather has been fabulous this week!!
    New recipes - Need to work on this!!

I'm happy! I like where I am right now!

Connie in KY
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a maintenance week - in Alabama, limited gym facilities, and having to drive most places (very hot weather) - unfortunately plus family cooking. I am trying to make a lot of the food, and drinking crystal light and NOT sweet tea - how is it these people don't gain 5 lbs a week drinking the Sweet Tea? It's been a lot hotter - no scale, so really hoping it doesn't go up to much. I feel like I have 3oz of something bad and I gain a pound
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    CW 223lbs
    Gw1 211
    June goal 217lbs
    Gw2 211
    Gw3 199
    Overall goal w : 151
  • Shaken1976
    Shaken1976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was on here years ago and should have stayed. Anyway. I stepped on the scale last month and was shocked. I started swimming daily and watching what I eat and have lost 20 lbs. I know it won’t continue at that rate.

SW 254
    CW 234
    GW 175

My goal this month is to add in more veggies and drink more water.
  • cmsavells
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members and those returning!!
  • kneelanda92
    kneelanda92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So, late to the post. But better late than never.

SW: 240
    CW: 238
    GW: 130

For the rest of June I want to completely cut out soda and all sweets. I just get too tempted if they’re around even if I have just one so I do better by not having any at all. Also I want to work on my portion control.
  • melikim1979
    melikim1979 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Second week of June is in the books and all in all, I am satisfied with how it went. This weekend I was out of town for the first time since restarting my weight loss journey and although there were a few minor struggles, I think overall, I did pretty good. Kept it under my calorie goals all weekend and got at least one small workout in.

HW: 325 (May 17, 2019)
    SW: 319.8 (June 1, 2019)
    CW: 311.6 (June 15, 2019)
    GW: 160

Mini GW: 208 (June 22)
    Mini GW 2: 205 (June 29)

Goals for the remainder of June.... continue to log all my food, walk to and/or from work 3 days a week, weather permitting, and weekend workouts with my weight loss coach, who is also one of my best friends.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Another week come and gone. I didn't go to the gym this week, but instead did things around the house to test myself and see if my back was ready to start actually exercising. I did a total house clean one day with vacuuming and lifting and bending and then another day I mowed the lawn, both of which went well. So on Saturday, I buckled down and went out and did a two and a half hour lawn mowing session for someone in my family who hasn't been able to cut their grass at all this season. And surprisingly, I didn't die and actually felt pretty good afterwards. So this week, I'm going back to the gym, but starting slowly.

Goals:
    Log all meals 7x
    Eat under/at calorie goal 7x
    Swim 2x
    Strength train 2x

Last week, was sort of a hit and miss for me staying within my calorie limit, so I'm really going to try hard with that this week!
  • Keto_Lover82
    Keto_Lover82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kyresha1 wrote: »
    SW: 275
    CW:247
    GW:180

Joining the group again because it really has kept me accountable. I am proud to say I have dropped 16lbs in May and I have completed all of the Cize program!! I feel better I look better and I cant wait to keep going!

Goals this month: Start a new beachbody program still debating t20 or 80 day obsession if anyone knows of good ones please let me know.

Keep my diet in check and be a little bit more strict on it

WALK more I have a commute to and from work and I tend to take the lazy way out, So suck it up and finally walk the stairs.

I can relate i lost 17 lbs this month so far with the keto diet.
  • Keto_Lover82
    Options

Hi everyone so I joined myfitnesspal june 1st when i decided to start my health journey. I decided to go on the keto diet using 1200 calories per day.

My start weight was 262lbs on june first and how its 245lbs. My first goal is to go down to 200 by the end of July. Its just a goal if i Dont meet it its fine but this girl is on a mission.

My end goal weight would be 145lbs. Long stretch for me.

For anyone who is interested in What I have been doing here it is
    Keto plus intermittent fasting, 2-3 meals per day. Usually salads and protein with coconut oil and a tbsp of peanut butter. Then sometimes i Like to put boiled eggs over my salad. Recently i began loving the salad mix of kale, arugala and collard greens from Bjs. Sometimes i Like eating eggs for breakfast so I eat fried eggs with coconut oil beef organic bacon goat cheese(10-15 grams) and sauteed spinach.

• Keto_Lover82
    Options
    Oh I also want to incorporate more physical fitness i do exercise but not everyday just a little here and there.
  • Keto_Lover82
    Options
    Shaken1976 wrote: »
    I was on here years ago and should have stayed. Anyway. I stepped on the scale last month and was shocked. I started swimming daily and watching what I eat and have lost 20 lbs. I know it won’t continue at that rate.

SW 254
    CW 234
    GW 175

My goal this month is to add in more veggies and drink more water.

Hey there
    I start june 1st with the keto diet. Went from 262 to 245 so far. Crazy how the far is melting off without exercise but Thats typical in the beginning. I need to start exercise Thats my next goal to exercise more. I only exercise here and there.
  • Keto_Lover82
    Options
    IsETHome wrote: »
    This is going to be a maintenance week - in Alabama, limited gym facilities, and having to drive most places (very hot weather) - unfortunately plus family cooking. I am trying to make a lot of the food, and drinking crystal light and NOT sweet tea - how is it these people don't gain 5 lbs a week drinking the Sweet Tea? It's been a lot hotter - no scale, so really hoping it doesn't go up to much. I feel like I have 3oz of something bad and I gain a pound

Hey....if Theres no scale u can try meassuring ur body Like waist chest and thighs some ppl also measure their neck. Just a Thought.
  • Keto_Lover82
    Options
    Second week of June is in the books and all in all, I am satisfied with how it went. This weekend I was out of town for the first time since restarting my weight loss journey and although there were a few minor struggles, I think overall, I did pretty good. Kept it under my calorie goals all weekend and got at least one small workout in.

HW: 325 (May 17, 2019)
    SW: 319.8 (June 1, 2019)
    CW: 311.6 (June 15, 2019)
    GW: 160

Mini GW: 208 (June 22)
    Mini GW 2: 205 (June 29)

Goals for the remainder of June.... continue to log all my food, walk to and/or from work 3 days a week, weather permitting, and weekend workouts with my weight loss coach, who is also one of my best friends.

What have you been doing to lose weight?
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Middle of month and it’s going well so far scales are going down, have been to the gym every week, big thing for this week is to drink more water. But starting to feel better
  • bett2u
    bett2u Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board and would like to put my goals in here, too if it isn't too late.

Here is my current state:
    HW 273
    CW 234.7
    GW by 7/31 is 219
    Body fat: 52.3%
    Pounds of body fat: 122.7
    Lean: 47.7 %
    Pounds of muscle: 112
    Resting metabolic rate: 1535 calories per day
    I also have my body measurements and am aiming to lose at least an inch by the end of the month.

My goal state:
    70,000 steps per week with 45 minutes in my target heart rate (to keep diabetes away)
    ST at least twice a week
    Yoga at least once a week to help with balance, core, and muscle soreness
    Nutrition-- I need way more protein than what I am getting.

My exercise is slowly increasing. My goals are 10,000 steps a day on average. So far, I have progressed from
    22, 862 steps per week (May 26- Jun 1) to 37,453 per week (Jun 2- Jun 8), and finally 41,813 (Jun 9-Jun 15). I have a ways to go to hit 70k steps per week.

For ST, I hired a personal trainer at my school. She drives me to lift using my body weight, resistance bands, kettlebells, and a medicine ball on two nights per week for 30 minutes. I'm in peri-menopause and know that I need to build that muscle since my mom and grandmother both developed osteoporosis.

Nurtition-wise, I know that my body needs more protein and less refined carbohydrates. This is a challenge since I am a student and working full time.

Thank you so much for allowing me to participate and write out my goals
  • bett2u
    bett2u Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another week come and gone. I didn't go to the gym this week, but instead did things around the house to test myself and see if my back was ready to start actually exercising. I did a total house clean one day with vacuuming and lifting and bending and then another day I mowed the lawn, both of which went well. So on Saturday, I buckled down and went out and did a two and a half hour lawn mowing session for someone in my family who hasn't been able to cut their grass at all this season. And surprisingly, I didn't die and actually felt pretty good afterwards. So this week, I'm going back to the gym, but starting slowly.

Goals:
    Log all meals 7x
    Eat under/at calorie goal 7x
    Swim 2x
    Strength train 2x

Last week, was sort of a hit and miss for me staying within my calorie limit, so I'm really going to try hard with that this week!

Mowing is difficult. I have to take a heart rate break in between. That is so very kind of you to htelp out another person in your family. Good luck as you ease back into the gym.
  • Fat2Fit1218
    Fat2Fit1218 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies! All the month of May i have hit the gym every other day starting mondays after work. I go for 1hr each day. I start out with the eliptical less impact on my knees/feet. In 2014 i had my son in Feb he was 10 pounds 3 oz 22.5 inches long i gained 56 pounds with him. I have taco bell to thank for that (haha). My daughter came just 2 years after that weighing 9 pounds 9 oz I gained around 20 ish pounds with her nothing too crazy. Unfortently, I did not have the "bounce back". I fell in a slump and since then didnt really worry about it too much until this year. My highest weight was 258 and i was freaking out. So Dec. 2018 my husband and I joind anytime fitness. It has been a struggle fell of the wagon a few times but im proud to say since May 1st between counting calories and going to the gym i have lost 11 pounds. I am so excited. My story is just begining. <3

SW: 250
    CW:238.2
    GW:199 ( for now )
  • cmsavells
    Options
    I didn’t make it to the gym last week, but took my workout outside because our weather was awesome!! I walked 3 miles each evening in Waterfront Park. It’s so beautiful there.

Connie in KY
  • Legacy_Dream_Legend
    Legacy_Dream_Legend Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Goal this week is not to let my weekend turn into a weak-end.... I always end up eating junk on the weekends.

SW: 227.5
    GW 6/4: 234 CW 236.6
    GW 6/11: 232 CW 230.4
    GW 6/18: 230 CW 231.9
    GW 6/25: 228