Friends needed for this journey

Options
Hi all :)

So I have taken the plunge. I need to do this now. 4 years of sadness and emotional eating have gotten me to being 5 stone heaver than I used to be. I am in such a comfortable place right now. But that comfortable place means that I do no exercise, avoid social situations and am bursting out of my fattest clothes.
I want to get me back! I know its going to be a long journey and I would love some friends to do it with x

Replies

• killroy312
    killroy312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Please feel free to add me. I've been in a similar place, know exactly how you feel. Fortunately there are a lot of supportive people here.
  • anitacuzzman
    anitacuzzman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling :smile: happy to be MFP friend xo
  • oannmarie51
    oannmarie51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • rbk2620
    rbk2620 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Renee and I feel like I am right there with you. I have a lot of weight (75+) to lose and am finally doing what I need to do. My motivations are multiple. The doctor prescribed blood pressure medicine that made me cough day and night, and its replacement had even worse side effects, so motivation #1: lower blood pressure by losing weight and watching salt intake. Motivation #2 is about family genetics. Both my parents had/have type 2 diabetes. I don't want that to be me. Motivation #3 win bet with my husband! He promised to stop smoking cigars if I lose 30 pounds (it has been most of a year, but finally lost the 30 this week!) I offered to buy him Nicorette gum and he gave me the stink eye. Guess he thought he would win the bet. Motivation #4 Knee surgery avoidance: It probably will happen eventually, but keeping active and strengthening has kept me out of surgery so far. Surgeon said I decide when cortisone shot is not enough and need to take the next step (fyi, I am terrified), I am very careful about what exercises I do so I don't aggravate the knee situation. Motivation #5 I want to be happy in my own skin, truly happy.
    My plan: ________
    *Get moving every day
    *Get off of game on phone because it sucks me in and keeps me from doing anything else. Haven't deleted the game yet, but off for 2 weeks so far and it feels like I am unchained!
    *Walk 10,000 every day. I remember when 6000 was SO hard for me since I have a desk job. I walk for part of my lunch now too and park at the far end of the lot (unless it is raining hard)
    *Hold myself accountable for every food or drink item I consume, I document every nibble.
    *Attitude adjustment, I am doing this for me and my future self. I am important enough to take care of. I am making myself a priority and turned personal health into my new hobby.
    *No more excuses. No blame. No shame.
    This is hard, but it is helping that I know I am finally doing something for myself and taking care of me first. I have 10-15 years before retirement, I feel like I am wrapping a present for my future retired self.
    This is finally working for me. I hope you can define what it means for you as well.
    As far as the sadness and emotional eating go...been there often too. We are more important than the issues or people that drive us to that. I feel better when I walk off an emotional burden, rather than stuff it with food. Walking calms me and changes my mood and outlook better than a bag of chips ever did, and no remorse after.
    Good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • DeeYonce
    DeeYonce Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rbk2620 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Renee and I feel like I am right there with you. I have a lot of weight (75+) to lose and am finally doing what I need to do. My motivations are multiple. The doctor prescribed blood pressure medicine that made me cough day and night, and its replacement had even worse side effects, so motivation #1: lower blood pressure by losing weight and watching salt intake. Motivation #2 is about family genetics. Both my parents had/have type 2 diabetes. I don't want that to be me. Motivation #3 win bet with my husband! He promised to stop smoking cigars if I lose 30 pounds (it has been most of a year, but finally lost the 30 this week!) I offered to buy him Nicorette gum and he gave me the stink eye. Guess he thought he would win the bet. Motivation #4 Knee surgery avoidance: It probably will happen eventually, but keeping active and strengthening has kept me out of surgery so far. Surgeon said I decide when cortisone shot is not enough and need to take the next step (fyi, I am terrified), I am very careful about what exercises I do so I don't aggravate the knee situation. Motivation #5 I want to be happy in my own skin, truly happy.
    My plan: ________
    *Get moving every day
    *Get off of game on phone because it sucks me in and keeps me from doing anything else. Haven't deleted the game yet, but off for 2 weeks so far and it feels like I am unchained!
    *Walk 10,000 every day. I remember when 6000 was SO hard for me since I have a desk job. I walk for part of my lunch now too and park at the far end of the lot (unless it is raining hard)
    *Hold myself accountable for every food or drink item I consume, I document every nibble.
    *Attitude adjustment, I am doing this for me and my future self. I am important enough to take care of. I am making myself a priority and turned personal health into my new hobby.
    *No more excuses. No blame. No shame.
    This is hard, but it is helping that I know I am finally doing something for myself and taking care of me first. I have 10-15 years before retirement, I feel like I am wrapping a present for my future retired self.
    This is finally working for me. I hope you can define what it means for you as well.
    As far as the sadness and emotional eating go...been there often too. We are more important than the issues or people that drive us to that. I feel better when I walk off an emotional burden, rather than stuff it with food. Walking calms me and changes my mood and outlook better than a bag of chips ever did, and no remorse after.
    Good luck with your weight loss goals!

Was it lisinopril????? I know I'm spelling it wrong but yea...same damn symptoms!

Anyway to the OP - I have added you <3 good luck
  • rbk2620
    rbk2620 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep, lisinopril and then losartin. Both suck and I hate putting chemicals into my body. My BP still fluctuates a lot ( I check it every time I go to the gym) but have had some much better numbers.
    My biggest fear is a future of a chair in front of a tv. I know I need to be active now to stay active later.
    Thanks for adding me, I accepted, but don't know how to add anyone else.
  • Tiptoedrip88
    Tiptoedrip88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add ne to, just started today