Keto works for me :) (before/after pic)

Keto has finally broken my weight rebound from competing!! I struggled so hard for 2 years trying to lose the weight. I've always known a super low carb lifestyle is what my body prefers, I just didn't want to give them up 😂. It took me about a year and a half (5 months Keto, 6 months low carbs, and another 7 months Keto) to reach my goal last summer! I've since been maintaining the weight loss of 30 lbs for almost a year now with a Keto lifestyle that includes ONE cheat meal on the weekends! If I go on vacation I don't chest at all for 3-4 weeks before so that I can enjoy more than one cheat 😉j3kbe8q1u5f7.png

Replies

• tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    Congratulations on maintaining! You look great!
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Wow!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    That is awesome ...well done and congratulations...I am also a keto'er :)
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    You look fantastic! I hope to look like you one day (with a little age though). I am also a low carber. Do you mind my asking, how tall are you?
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Ok. I'll never look that great but maybe kinda close B)
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Fivepts wrote: »
    You look fantastic! I hope to look like you one day (with a little age though). I am also a low carber. Do you mind my asking, how tall are you?

I am 5'3 1/2 :) The half counts!!! And never say never ;)
  • Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    You look awesome! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Impressive
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Could youpl share your meal plan, how many caliries you were at, exrcise routine to get to your goal wt , also your ht/age
    Would love to learn more from your sucess story
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Keto has finally broken my weight rebound from competing. It took me about a year and a half (5 months Keto, 6 months low carbs, and another 7 months Keto) to reach my goal last summer!I've since been maintaining the weight loss of 30 lbs for almost a year now with a Keto lifestyle that includes ONE cheat meal on the weekends!

Inspirational! Thank you ever so much for your sharing.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    adchak wrote: »
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Could youpl share your meal plan, how many caliries you were at, exrcise routine to get to your goal wt , also your ht/age
    Would love to learn more from your sucess story

I'm 5'3 1/2 and will be 45 next month. I don't have a "meal plan" per say. I just do Keto aka 25 or less carbs per day. I don't count anything else, just eat when hungry. My workouts consist of 1 hour a day, 4-5 days a week of lifting, circuits, cardio, or HIIT.
  • skrobnsn
    skrobnsn Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2019
    Congratulations! You look amazing!!!

I have a question about Keto vs low carb. What is the main difference? Did you eat less fat when you were low carb? Less or more than the 25 carbs you’re doing on Keto? What did you do different during your low carb eating than when you do Keto? Congrats again! You look awesome!

Thanks!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Congrats you look great well done!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Wow! Looking amazing
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    skrobnsn wrote: »
    Congratulations! You look amazing!!!

I have a question about Keto vs low carb. What is the main difference? Did you eat less fat when you were low carb? Less or more than the 25 carbs you’re doing on Keto? What did you do different during your low carb eating than when you do Keto? Congrats again! You look awesome!

Thanks!

Basically, low carb is keto, but with more carbs. Maybe 75-150g of net carbs a day vs the 25g of net carbs or under on Keto. Low carb diets usually aren't low enough in carbs to keep you in full ketosis.

Honestly, I don't count anything other than NET carbs. I hate being a slave to counting things and obsessing over numbers. After the first month or so on Keto, I don't even count carbs anymore. I'm a creature of habit and tend to eat the same things for meals and snacks, so I basically know how much and what to eat to stay in Keto.
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Truly amazing!!‼️💃🔥🙌 I have had great success on Keto as well and love the results and wellness it brings to body, mind and overall energy🤩
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Keto has finally broken my weight rebound from competing!! I struggled so hard for 2 years trying to lose the weight. I've always known a super low carb lifestyle is what my body prefers, I just didn't want to give them up 😂. It took me about a year and a half (5 months Keto, 6 months low carbs, and another 7 months Keto) to reach my goal last summer! I've since been maintaining the weight loss of 30 lbs for almost a year now with a Keto lifestyle that includes ONE cheat meal on the weekends! If I go on vacation I don't chest at all for 3-4 weeks before so that I can enjoy more than one cheat 😉j3kbe8q1u5f7.png

Wow! God dam lol
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    you look great! just from your smile i'm a believer in what you're doing.
  • Scareah
    Scareah Posts: 40 Member
    Wow!! That is incredible!! Thank you for sharing! There is hope for me!
  • wtxgamecock
    wtxgamecock Posts: 6 Member
    It definitely worked!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!