Protein Powder hacks

wifeoferp
wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
I’d love to hear the recipes you like for using protein powder.
(This isn’t the place to tell us that you don’t think we should be using it!!)

My current favorite way started as making a shake originally but now I’m lazy and actually LOVE it just stirred together.

34g (1 scoop) Clean Simple Eats Chocolate Brownie protein powder
1 c unsweetened almond milk (I use almond breeze unflavored)
1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder (I use rodelle).
Total calories is 160. Protein 22g/Carbs 12g/Fat 3.5g (I also track fiber: 3 g)

What are your favorite recipes?

Replies

• TheRealSlim_Shelly
    TheRealSlim_Shelly Posts: 66 Member
    I actually make something pretty similar I drink almost daily after my workout.

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use sugar-free biochem)
    1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 banana (around 125 grams)
    1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    2 tsp stevia/truvia
    About 1-2 cup ice for a thick shake

This is one of my favorites... really fulfills my need for something chocolatey and milk shake-y.
  • skippygolunks
    skippygolunks Posts: 24 Member
    2 scoops Nuzest Clean gluten free chocolate 19 gm protein 90 cal.
    2 T Marine Collagen ( no flavor. 9gm protein 45 cal
    1/2 banana, or 1/2 c frozen cherries, or 1 cup strawberries
    1 T dark chocolate cocoa
    Water or cashew milk (25 cal)
    Ice

Note: if you haven’t tried cashew milk, give it a try. It is creamier and thicker than almond milk and no after taste.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    1 T dark chocolate cocoa
    Ice

Note: if you haven’t tried cashew milk, give it a try. It is creamier and thicker than almond milk and no after taste.

Honest question, how strongly does the cashew milk taste of cashews? My mother says it isn't that much but I actually hate cashews and don't want to waste my money on something I wont like. I keep hearing how much creamier it is though and smoothies are in my summer breakfast future.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I add pea protein to my blueberry Belgian waffles and unflavored protein powder in my oatmeal. I try to eat balanced meals so it's a great way to boost protein with no taste.

Also I add in collagen powder to my protein smoothies most of the time which gives me a 5 - 10 gram increase in protein (half scoop/full scoop).
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Protein pancake:

1 egg, beaten
    1 very ripe banana, mashed
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

Stir together and cook on non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Cook slowly over low heat. Wait until almost cooked through before flipping. I like to eat topped with peanut butter and a bit of wild blueberry jam. Yum.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,774 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I add pea protein to my blueberry Belgian waffles and unflavored protein powder in my oatmeal. I try to eat balanced meals so it's a great way to boost protein with no taste.

Also I add in collagen powder to my protein smoothies most of the time which gives me a 5 - 10 gram increase in protein (half scoop/full scoop).

@rainbow198 Can you tell me what brands of pea protein & collagen powder you prefer to use?
  • deepwoodslady
    1 T dark chocolate cocoa
    Ice

@skippygolunks Thanks for the tip on Cashew Milk. I've done the coconut milk (Silk) and it is also thicker but it does have a strong taste of coconut which I don't always want. I'll try the Cashew Milk!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    1 scoop protein (either chocolate whey or chocolate pea is what I use)
    1 cup frozen cherries
    Sometimes a banana
    Almond milk
    pb2 or a tablespoon of peanut butter.
    Spoonful of spirulina if I feel like it.

I also bake 1 banana, 40g oats, 1 cup of nondairy milk of choice, 10g unflavoured pea protein, chocolate chips for about 20 min at 200C. Turns into a big ol' pancake.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »

@rainbow198 Can you tell me what brands of pea protein & collagen powder you prefer to use?

@deepwoodslady - Sure! For pea protein I use Source Naturals Pea Protein and I buy it in bulk whenever it's on sale and when there's a coupon available at Bulk Barn (a Canadian store).

I use Collagen Peptides Powder - Unflavored for collagen. I've also used Vitacost Advanced Collagen but there's only about 6 grams of protein per serving.
  • deepwoodslady
    @rainbow1998 Thanks for the info!
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    I purchase a non flavored can for special purposes. I have no problem adding it to oatmeal and salads. That way, the flavor doesn’t change.