Food Allergies and diet

15678911»

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    If none of the above appeals to you, hire a private chef or cook who can cater to your dietary needs.

This is exactly what I was going to say. You made a point out of saying how much discretionary income you have, so direct some of those funds towards hiring a private chef who can prepare your meals.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    The emphasis on home cooking is not to tie you to the kitchen but to control the ingredients due to your life threatening allergies.

The ready made food industry is not geared to satisfy your preferences.

Restaurants can try and keep their ingredients separate to cater to individual preferences, but they will never be vigilant enough.

This leaves controlling the ingredients and cooking at home. It doesn’t have to be you. You have resources to hire out and you have enterprising cooks in your own home.

If you want to do this grouchy, that’s on you.

That's what I keep coming back to. I'm shocked that someone with legitimate life-threatening allergies would feel *safe* eating all of their food prepared outside the home.

Feel too good to cook? Fine. Hire a personal chef. There are lots of people who are happy to take money from people who think that earning means they have to spend it. And they'll be better about it than takeout restaurants who can't guarantee safe-from-cross-contamination spaces.

This!! My husband is a private chef in the Bay Area. Menus are designed 100% around client preference and need.