I THOUGHT I messed it all up

Options
I had a bit of a revelation which made me feel better about my weight loss journey, so I'd like to share.

Two days ago I went for a family gathering, where I had a smaller-than-regular pizza, with very, very little cheese. By the end of the day I was feeling bloated, cranky and with a severe heartburn. I can't even describe my fear of stepping onto the scale, and notice that it went up. I weighed 64.8 the day before the gathering, and today I'm 65.3

I feel much heavier than that, though, and for a brief moment I thought that I should just throw in the towel after 32 days of daily check-in. I didn't. In fact, I couldn't wait to track my calories and use my digital kitchen scale again. My desire to exercise and eat better is slowly coming back. I've learned the lesson that it's easy to go overboard with calories, but that my body is no longer taking it as easy because it HAS adapted to a lower calorie regime.

But I've also learned that it's ok to have days of self-doubt, and that it's ok to take the time to feel all the emotions, and just get back to MFP program, because that's what's working.

I also noticed that I can still easily button up my shirt, which is a tad too small for me to begin with, without all the buttons popping off. So it's good. I didn't destroy the progress just by eating a maintenance-worth of food that day. I can't undo it, but I can readjust.

The pizza was delicious, by the way. No complaints there.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I had pizza yesterday and don't regret a bite.

Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. 😊
  • Dorchi22
    Dorchi22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

check, check, check :D:wink:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It feels good to treat getting back to MFP as the normal thing, as it makes treats and overage days feel special but not like you're falling of the wagon.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I would say Log, Eat, Enjoy ;) But yeah, this.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I couldn't log first. I didn't know how many pieces I'd have. 😳
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    If I have a total splurge day I don’t even bother weighing myself the next day. If I wait about 5 days, I am back to normal!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    It’s ok to have a cheat day once in a while. Just log it.
    Dorchi22 wrote: »

Dorchi22 wrote: »

• laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation!! Our bodies tell us when we have over done it. It's amazing when we start to listen!! Keep it up!!!