Blueberry Cheesecake OATMEAL

Options
I put this together for breakfast this morning - It was pretty tasty and under 200 calories! I love having desert for breakfast :happy:

1/4 c. Frozen Blueberries
1/3 c. Old Fashioned Oats
2/3 c. Water
1 packet Truvia Calorie Free Sweetener
1/8 tsp. Lemon Zest
1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tbs. Non-Fat Cream Cheese
1/4 c. Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Mix blueberries, oats, water, Truvia, lemon zest, & vanilla extract in a tall microwave safe bowl or mug. A bowl or mug that has very vertical edges will prevent your oats from boiling over. Microwave mixture for 1 minute 30 seconds at high power. Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave for additional minute - then stir in cream cheese. Microwave again for 30 seconds. Give it a final stir and let cool slightly. Top with greek yogurt and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING WITH...
185 Calories, 29 Carbs, 4g Fat, 10g Protein

You could also top it with a bit of crushed graham cracker (be sure to add in the additional calories) for a little crunch and crust-like flavor. You could also use low fat milk or almond milk in place of the water for a slightly creamier texture. Just make sure to include the added calories!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    yummmmm!
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    looks yummy!
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try this Thanks
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I must try this! Now, here's one you might like.

Just make your oats with Silk Almond Dark Chocolate instead of regular milk, then stir in one teaspoon of Smart Balance Omega peanut butter while the oats are still hot. Top with walnuts or pecans if desired, or even sunflower seeds. Super healthy and mega-delicious!
  • jellycar
    jellycar Posts: 40
    Options
    That DOES sound good! Thanks :happy:
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    yum! bumping to try tomorrow maybe!
  • Sa2ah
    Sa2ah Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    omg bump bump bump bump lol
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I just love how oats are such a versatile breakfast food. I sometimes make mine with Silk regular Almond Milk, stir in a third of a cup of canned pumpkin, a tablespoon of organic brown sugar, some pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract (to taste) and top with wheat germ for a little crunch. Mmmmmm. Like pumpkin pie, only healthy. :)
  • jellycar
    Options
    I just love how oats are such a versatile breakfast food. I sometimes make mine with Silk regular Almond Milk, stir in a third of a cup of canned pumpkin, a tablespoon of organic brown sugar, some pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract (to taste) and top with wheat germ for a little crunch. Mmmmmm. Like pumpkin pie, only healthy. :)

That sounds AWESOME! I love oats too - and all the stuff you can do with them. It makes me happy :)
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jellycar
    Options
    I like to make an "Apple Pie" variety too.
    I add 1/3 c oats, 1/3 c water, one single serving package of no-sugar-added applesauce, a packet of truvia, and a dash of cinnamon. After it's done I like to top it with fat free greek yogurt (I love that stuff) & some nuts for crunch.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious - thanx for sharing!

:drinker:

Ice
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oh yum!!! Can't wait to try this!
  • karebear111
    karebear111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    Oh my gosh the recipes being posted today are killing me...sooo yummy!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I like to make an "Apple Pie" variety too.
    I add 1/3 c oats, 1/3 c water, one single serving package of no-sugar-added applesauce, a packet of truvia, and a dash of cinnamon. After it's done I like to top it with fat free greek yogurt (I love that stuff) & some nuts for crunch.

Oh! Oh! I'm trying this Sunday morning, I'll go grocery shopping tomorrow and get the applesauce. I'd been thinking of an apple pie version but hadn't exactly nailed it down. Thanks! :) I love the greek yogurt, too. I think my fave is Fage.