Getting married!

Options
I am looking at getting fit got my wedding.

At 5ft and only 8.8 stone I am small but very doughie and unhealthy feeling.

I am looking to tone up and get I stronger.

I have 151 days until my wedding, is it too early to start? Will I lose interest once I get to my goal?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Yes it's too early to start. Yes you'll lose interest once you get to your goal.

Disagree. If you're serious about wanting to get fit, earlier is better. It takes time to see results, so having more time is good. If you want to firm up, I'd recommend beginning to lift heavy and build some muscle.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Yes it's too early to start. Yes you'll lose interest once you get to your goal.

OP ignore this. It is never too early to start. Whether or not you lose interest is entirely up to you.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am looking at getting fit got my wedding.

At 5ft and only 8.8 stone I am small but very doughie and unhealthy feeling.

I am looking to tone up and get I stronger.

I have 151 days until my wedding, is it too early to start? Will I lose interest once I get to my goal?

Too early, do you not intend to maintain the weight loss once you achieve it?
    Being at a normal weight BMI, you'll want to lose slowly anyway. If you're looking to "tone", you might naturally meet it by starting a resistance training program and just focusing on maintaining your current weight / losing just a small amount, while getting a small amount of muscle.
  • inhumane7
    inhumane7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a Qardio Qardiobase 2 Wireless Smart Scale and Body Analyzer and what are their thoughts?
  • exhilen
    exhilen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    inhumane7 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a Qardio Qardiobase 2 Wireless Smart Scale and Body Analyzer and what are their thoughts?

You are better off starting you’re own thread on this.

OP, only you can determine if you will lose interest. It’s never to early to start, but motivation can waiver. It comes down to your ability to stay committed.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    The best time to start is always right now. Good luck in reaching your goal and congrats on your wedding! <3
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you want to begin to get fit, toned up and stronger now? Or are you planning to leave it to the last minute, kill yourself with a crash diet for the wedding, then stop and let yourself go afterwards?

Starting now means you'll have a much easier time reaching your goal by your wedding day. You can be less restrictive, take your time and do it entirely stress free. Why deliberately make things harder on yourself?