Support groups - Sydney Australia

Options
gocallum
gocallum Posts: 19 Member
Is there anyone in Sydney Australia? Would love to make friends here locally for motivation, accountability and local advice

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, All the best!!
  • tammydefarria
    tammydefarria Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m from Sydney! Looking for the same
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I live in South West Sydney and have been with MFP since November 2017. I follow a ketogenic diet but am not a rabid fanatic who thinks that it is the only way to lose weight. We must do whatever works for us as the journey is ours and what works for one does not always work for someone else. However that being said, I lost 35kg and have been maintaining +/- 1-2kg of my goal weight. I also lost a lot of nasty health issues along the way and can honestly say that I feel better at 62 than I did at 42. My profile picture comes from a photo shoot i forced myself to have after reaching my goal weight.

I am happy to become friends, but if the keto bit scares you off, I completely understand.

Good luck with your journey to a healthier you.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    dmcnur wrote: »
    I live in South West Sydney and have been with MFP since November 2017. I follow a ketogenic diet but am not a rabid fanatic who thinks that it is the only way to lose weight. We must do whatever works for us as the journey is ours and what works for one does not always work for someone else. However that being said, I lost 35kg and have been maintaining +/- 1-2kg of my goal weight. I also lost a lot of nasty health issues along the way and can honestly say that I feel better at 62 than I did at 42. My profile picture comes from a photo shoot i forced myself to have after reaching my goal weight.

I am happy to become friends, but if the keto bit scares you off, I completely understand.

Good luck with your journey to a healthier you.

Love it that you are not a "rabid fanatic" :) Rare gem you are! Well done with your loss and your journey. I totally agree that we must do what works for us.

I'm currently on my last week (or maybe 2 weeks, to be determined at the end of this week) of a bulk cycle and I have put on a bit more than I wanted to, but ah well. So i'll be back to cutting again anytime within the next 7-14 days.

I eat all the carbs tho. I get sad and hungry on low carb.

I've been on here since 2013. Nowadays I only log when i'm actively trying to lose/gain, but I do come on almost every day for the social aspect.
  • blue3392
    blue3392 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello from Orlando,FL. I started the keto diet about a month ago. I struggle daily with the low carb as EVERYTHING has carbs. I’d love to have someone who follows this way of life on my side with me. I’m 38 5’8 currently at 195. I carry my weight well but have definitely indulged more than I should. I have become very unhappy with myself these days. I am determined to get back down.
    Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing back.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    blue3392 wrote: »
    Hello from Orlando,FL. I started the keto diet about a month ago. I struggle daily with the low carb as EVERYTHING has carbs. I’d love to have someone who follows this way of life on my side with me. I’m 38 5’8 currently at 195. I carry my weight well but have definitely indulged more than I should. I have become very unhappy with myself these days. I am determined to get back down.
    Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing back.

Can I ask why you are doing keto? just for weight loss or also for other health reasons such as pre-diabetic?

I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of keto threads on here too that you should check out which will be able to help you connect to other people who do keto also.

Good luck with it!
  • gocallum
    gocallum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sydney siders, Feel free to add me as mfp friend.....