Recipes that use Plain Yogurt

Options
tanyaMax
tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
I have a huge tub of plain yogurt. that needs to be used. please share your recipes with me.
Thanks in advance :0)

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You can use it in place of sour cream in recipes like stroganoff or make it into a dip of chips or veggies..
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    you can make dips, salad dressings, smoothies, baked goods.. MANY posibilities. check out www.skinnytaste.com, or just get creative. :)
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you like the consistancy of Greek yogurt just strain it overnight through cheesecloth and throw the water away. I use plain Greek yogurt just like sour cream on Mexican dishes, baked potatoes, dips, etc. If you like fruity yogurts, add sweetener and fruit. Great with granola. I add Greek yogurt to my homemade hummus instead of olive oil for a creamy, lowfat dip.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Add dill, garlic powder, dried onion, parsley, and a little cajun seasoning for ranch dip or dressing (add a little olive oil if it's too think).

Use it in place of sour cream.

Use it to make smoothies thicker and creamier.

Mix it with some fresh or frozen berries, and refrigerate for a few hours. This lets the yogurt absorb the juices from the berries and presto, you have berry yogurt.

Puree berries and yogurt together, and freeze into popsicles.

Can you tell I love the berries/yogurt combination? :)
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    tandoori chicken...its makes a great marry
  • BreezyDays
    BreezyDays Posts: 292
    Options
    Whole-Wheat Banana Bread

Ingredients

2 ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
    ¾ teaspoon baking soda
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    3 ripe bananas, mashed
    ¼ cup plain yogurt
    ¼ cup honey
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
    Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
    In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
    Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
    Pour batter into prepared pan.
    Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    Smoothie recipe: You can use any fruit/berries you like and the banana does not have to be frozen and the whey not necessary. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/all-around-good-smoothie/detail.aspx
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad! Chop up some cooked chicken breast, apples, tomato and avocado. Drizzle in lemon juice and a bit of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and cilantro.

Then top the whole thing with plain yogurt. I like to do this with greek yogurt.

Soo good, soo filling, and you don't even miss the mayo.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That Banana Bread recipe sounds yummy!
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat yogurt pancakes! Nommy!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas!!!!!!!!!! thanks :0)
  • droybal
    droybal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The banana bread sounds great. Do you have ny nutritional info on it?
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Although I'm allergic to cow milk, I do eat goat milk yogurt and my fave is to take 4-6 oz of yogurt, 1/2 oz of honey or maple syrup and two ounces of frozen fruit, (I'm partial to blueberries). Stir it all together, eat, yum!