Frustrated

Options
Frustrated with myself. After falling off the wagon and gaining back 17lbs (Dec-May) Here we are June and I am trying to get back on track. I am in week 2 without losing a pound. I have the exercise down pack spinning class in the morning (1hr) and gym at night (1hr). Now the BIG problem I am having is staying on track with my intake (FOOD) !!! In the AM part of the day my food tracker looks greaT but along come PM and it all goes to hell. I believe that logging has kept it from becoming worst. Mindful but not mindful enough. Any suggestions???

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? If you're not properly fueling workouts, you can get unusually hungry. Starting a new exercise routine can also lead to water weight gain due to healing, so it's possible that there may be some loss and it's masked by this. Two weeks is really too early to make a judgement call on how the diet is doing in general.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    First of all, 2 weeks isn't enough time. As you have already said your problem is food intake. If you want to lose weight you have to eat consistently in calorie deficit to lose so track your intake and try and keep some calories back for your PM eating. You have to want to lose weight badly enough to stick with it, and please do stick with it, calorie counting works.
    I like to graze in the evenings too so I bank around 250 cals from my daily allowance for that, its not many but its all I can afford and thats with me maintaining my weight too. I sip water and tea and keep busy - those help. (also a lot of mind over matter thinking LOL)

All the best.
  • bonnybunny4865
    bonnybunny4865 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip is water drink drink drink also like other posters have said hold back some calories for the evening. I too had a month or so of maintaining and now I'm back on the wagon it is hard getting back on. Also weight comes off very slow not always showing when exercise is involved as u may lose fat as u gain muscle so make sure u measure everywhere once a month to see where u are losing inches
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider experimenting with the timing or nutritional content of your food choices.

Some people do best appetite-wise with relatively more protein (within a healthy range), others with more fats, some with high-volume foods (like lots of low-cal high-fiber veggies), and other variations. It can also matter for satiation what nutrients or volumes are in specific meals. (Plenty of protein in breakfast helps me all day, including with (oddly enough) reducing evening cravings, for example - but your personal results may differ.) Some people find that eating more of simple foods (meat, fish, veggies, fruits) is more filling than eating more highly processed foods (like fast foods).

As far as timing, that includes the idea some have suggested of saving calories for the evening snacking, but you might also find a different eating schedule works better to keep you full and happy. Different people thrive on everything from all-day light grazing, to one meal a day, and everything in between. Trying different alternatives (number of meals/snacks, which are largest, etc.) can make a difference.

Best wishes!