Cardio workouts for home

Options

Hi all

I am looking for some cardio workout i can do at home eg stuff i can find on you tube

Probably HIT type stuff 20-30 mins max.

I do spinning x 2 a week and looking for something at home to take me up x4 a week.

I do have jillian 30 day shred dvd if people think that would be better than HIT

I know weight loss is CICO which i am addressing thid the cardio is because i want to improve overall health and cardio is my weakness cant do running due to knees and really want something i can do at home free.

Let me know your you tubes favs

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    A lot of people enjoy Fitness Blender, HASfit, and Popsugar on Youtube. I can't speak for the other two but Fitness Blender has a lot of cardio/HIIT style routines that are 15 to 30 minutes.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I personally do fitness blender workouts! They’re amazing and they have all sorts of workouts from Pilates to strength to HIIT. You can find them on YouTube.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've just started using hasfit workouts and really enjoy them, if that's the right word?!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    hnyzthms wrote: »
    Hi all

I am looking for some cardio workout i can do at home eg stuff i can find on you tube

I do spinning x 2 a week and looking for something at home to take me up x4 a week.

I do have jillian 30 day shred dvd if people think that would be better than HIT

I know weight loss is CICO which i am addressing thid the cardio is because i want to improve overall health and cardio is my weakness cant do running due to knees and really want something i can do at home free.

No YouTube favs here - this time of year I get my home cardio from gardening.

Due to your knees, don't do Jillian's 30 day Shred - see all the references to knees in the one star reviews on Amazon.

Not really familiar with HIT - couldn't that be hard on your knees as well?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Hi all

Due to your knees, don't do Jillian's 30 day Shred - see all the references to knees in the one star reviews on Amazon.

I was thinking the same re: 30 Day Shred.

Cathe (Friedrich) developed a low impact HIIT series titled Ripped with HIIT. See if your local library has any of these. https://www.collagevideo.com/products/cathe-friedrichs-ripped-with-hiit-low-impact-hiit

Jessica Smith is my go to on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMhD2q19Io
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi all

XHIT is good. I'm doing Beachbody on Demand. There's also a guy who has a program called "Look good naked" he does battle ropes but has lots of exercises that involves no equipment and is cardio based.

Another thing I'm doing, is intervals of jump rope and jumping jacks. I'll do 5 sets of 30 for each one. Things like that.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    When questions like this get asked, I always mention Dr. Leonard Schwartz's HeavyHands workout. I've personally done my own version of it and am always challenged, you're only limited my your imagination but here's a follow-along video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuhC0XbkaIA
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Hi all

I was thinking the same re: 30 Day Shred.

Cathe (Friedrich) developed a low impact HIIT series titled Ripped with HIIT. See if your local library has any of these. https://www.collagevideo.com/products/cathe-friedrichs-ripped-with-hiit-low-impact-hiit

Jessica Smith is my go to on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMhD2q19Io

All of these, plus if you can afford it Beachbody on Demand. Short but intense videos, and none of their products are necessary (not a coach, no shakes here! ).
  • Kita1818
    Kita1818 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im kinda new to MFP, what does CICO mean?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Kita1818 wrote: »

Calories In Calories Out

Short for the equation regarding weight control.

CI < CO is fat loss
    CI > CO is fat gain
    CI = CO is maintenance

Water weight with no calories has an effect in each of those so time span is important.
  • superfood75
    superfood75 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Check out Sydney Cummings on you tube.I love her work outs. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Kita1818 wrote: »

Here is a link to definitions of abbreviations and terms: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2825180-mfp-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-members