WW to MFP

Options
Hello! I've switch from WW (3 yrs) to MFP hoping to find more accountability in what I'm actually eating. Has anyone else left WW for this and had success? Was it hard? I'm so curious. Thanks for any and all input!

- Liz

Replies

• mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yup. Did WW then switched to a new fitness program and MFP was recommended as part of it. I HATED WW, but mostly because I am a guy and WW seems like it's mostly women... which is fine, just the support was different. And people treated me different JUST cause I was a guy on the app

...anyways, I have really liked MFP so far. Gives me a great platform to not only track, but make friends and create a great motivation and accountability network. Welcome!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    If you do a search for WW, you'll find many members here. ❤
  • JasonRVA
    JasonRVA Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Just be honest with what you put in here. It's a little much at first, but you'll eventually get used to it
  • Bi0wellnesschic
    Bi0wellnesschic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was doing both WW and this to track my calories. I left WW because tracking calories was why I was losing weight not WW. Add me as a friend if you like! Thanks!
  • meve_tanguay
    meve_tanguay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive tried WW and hated it ! A lot of old woman complaining in the meetings!!
  • liztheonlylizzie
    liztheonlylizzie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Will do! It's not been the greatest but so far, easier than WW!
  • liztheonlylizzie
    Options
    Ive tried WW and hated it ! A lot of old woman complaining in the meetings!!

I REALLY agree with this!!!
  • liztheonlylizzie
    Options
    I was doing both WW and this to track my calories. I left WW because tracking calories was why I was losing weight not WW. Add me as a friend if you like! Thanks!

No need to pay for WW if it's not helping. :)
  • liztheonlylizzie
    Options
    JasonRVA wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP! Just be honest with what you put in here. It's a little much at first, but you'll eventually get used to it

I'm getting there bit by bit. I dont weigh in yet but I can tell my body is processing the changes. Lol
  • jefsgirlalwys
    jefsgirlalwys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am considering making the change because WW makes me feel like a failure. I had gotten the "blue dot" and decided to check my calories because I was so hungry. It was just over 800 calories. So I ate what I was hungry for and sit at 1400. With over 800 in fitness calories earned.
  • liztheonlylizzie
    Options
    I am considering making the change because WW makes me feel like a failure. I had gotten the "blue dot" and decided to check my calories because I was so hungry. It was just over 800 calories. So I ate what I was hungry for and sit at 1400. With over 800 in fitness calories earned.

100% why I decided to make the change. I was off and on for those three years. When I'd lose, Id be so excited but starving. I never tried double tracking to check on calories though. I felt like a failure also. Make the change for awhile. You can probably get a month free and then just do MFP. Then make a decision. Good luck!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I paid for WW for years but never lost the weight. I quit in 2015 and started here. I lost over 100 lbs and I'm at goal weight and have been for a year and a half. So yes, this works, lol. Welcome.
  • KnitsWhoSayNee
    KnitsWhoSayNee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m currently doing both. I enjoy WW and have lost 70 pounds on it, but a lot of the “zero” point foods don’t have zero calories and I think that’s my biggest issue. I’m going to track on both apps and see what my success is. I’d love to have current and post WW friends!