Tried of Being Tired!

Options
deezhd67
deezhd67 Posts: 19 Member
I've tried many different plans. Keto, but truly missed bread and potatoes. Weight Watchers, but struggled with figuring out points, plus the cost of having to keep up a membership to track, Profile by Sanford but pretty much gained all the weight back after ending the program. So I've decided to try just straight-forward calorie tracking. I'm changing out certain foods for healthier options...(ex. olive oil for vegetable oil) and paying closer attention to serving sizes. Actually weighing and measuring instead of guessing. It should seem quite simple, to just count calories, but looking for foods that will give me more bang for my buck, so to speak. I welcome any tips, suggestions, advice that anyone has to offer and just good old-fashioned support. I'm tired of feeling bloated and uncomfortable in my clothes. My current weight is 190 and my goal is 165. I'm 5'7".

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Your head seems to be in a good place to do this the healthy way. You have figured out that those other "plans" were not sustainable. That's a huge step.
  • deezhd67
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You got this. :)

What you ought to do is experiment with meals that lean more towards each of the macronutrients and see which one you find more filling, so you can balance your meals properly.

Higher carbs tends to be more filling for me, for example, but there are plenty of people who feel bad when they eat a lot of carbs. So you gotta go by your own body's responses.
  • deezhd67
    Options
    Thank you. I'm fairly new to the whole "macronutrients." Is there a specific way to track? I do try to stay with more protein and lower carbs but not keto. I will make a sandwich, with multigrain bread, turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoe and such but my carbs are usually in that form or a small baked potato. I try to stay away from chips and I'm not a huge sweet eater, so that helps a little. My goal is to try to have carbs earlier in the day and then just a healthy protein and veggie for supper. However, I do enjoy popcorn but also sticking to healthier versions, not loaded with butter. After using a calorie calculator, my starting goal is to do 1200 calories per day and then adjust accordingly. Goal is to lose 1-2 pounds per week.
  • morganjw1
    morganjw1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check out a book called "Eating Clean" by Tosca Reno. Great book that walks you through the steps to change your eating to healthy foods. Diets aren't the answer, lifestyle changes are. Sounds like you're taking the right steps. I find that when I purposefully make food decisions and take the time for meal planning for the week, I do much better.
  • deezhd67
    Options
    Thank you! I will check it out! :)
  • Pennymorley21
    Pennymorley21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'd like to share a little bit about myself.

My name is Penny, I'm 22 years of age, current weight is 90kgs (heaviest is 100kgs).. Goal weight is 65kgs in order to have a healthy pregnancy with my husband in the future.I've been using MFP for roughly 1 and a half years - (E. 2017 - L.2017) + (E. 2019 - Mid. 2019).

From early 2017 to late 2017 (using MFP) - I'd been maintaining my petite figure of 70kgs.

Early 2018 to late 2018 (not using MFP) - my emotional health had taken a turn as I'd developed PTSD and Depression / Anxiety. During the year of 2018, I had gained 30kgs, so total weight in late 2018 was 100kgs.

From early 2019 to today - I'm very excited to say that I've lost 10kgs! I'm super proud to be pushing myself further and achieving my goals! I've joined a gym this year and since October 2018, have been married to my lovely husband Steven Morley.

And that's pretty much all.
    Looking forward to making new friends and striving to achieve my 65kg goal!

• morrisco88
    morrisco88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting is what helped me when nothing else would! Keep up the good work