Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Let's motivate! 100+ to lose.

CaydensMommy
CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
edited June 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone! I got over 100 to lose. I know I can do it, it's just falling off that is easier. A couple weeks ago, I held my grandmother's hand at her bedside and told her I'd be here for my son, get him through school. That was a couple days before she passed. Only way I can do that is lose this weight. It's hard to stay focused. I got so much mental stuff that gets in the way. I'm trying to work on a stronger me. Meaning getting rid of negativity, mentally and physically. In the next few weeks I'd like to see what's happening in my household to make a stronger me. People here can help mentally. Please add me. I hope to get on daily again. I'd like to have accountability help. I do have some work here to do myself. Please add me if you would like. Thanks everyone! :)

Replies

• MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    I think a casual observer would say I could still stand to lose over 100. At this moment I'm more focused on the process than the end result, so not really attaching a clear number. I'm very supportive though. :)
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    I should add that one of my motivators is not making the mistakes my mother made in her life while still believing she would want me -- as would my grandmother -- to be happy and take advantage of the good in my life.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Welcome! I too am on the journey to lose over 100. I started about 7 weeks ago and have lost 37 already, BUT feel like I haven’t lost much, AND the scale is stuck in Park this week.

Wishing you all the best and glad to see we are now friends on here to keep track daily!

• McKay85
    McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Same here! I have actually been focusing on my negative self talk. Affirmation meditations have been helping me along with my spiritual journey. I have heard that the kindness if self is the way to go in order to overcome anything negative in your psyche. I'll add you and we can help each other.
  • anime1968
    anime1968 Posts: 1 Member
    I've lost 100 pound before and gained it all back, so here I am again. I'm good at losing and terrible at maintaining, because food is my crutch. I'm trying to learn that food is fuel and doesn't really make me feel better; it just diverts my attention.

We can all do it!
  • hjlind25
    hjlind25 Posts: 17 Member
    I am in a similar position, I have gained almost 100 pounds since i lost a significant amount in my early 20s. I had major reconstructive knee surgery at 50lbs over and it was a spiral of upset and frustration through the whole recovery. Recently I have taken to doing smaller things and being grateful and recognizing the accomplishments. Even little as I didn't want to work out today, but I did. Or I ran 1 extra minute or I ate 10 calories below my goal. Whatever it is, I take it and write it down and put it in a jar. It's amazing what it does mentally for you seeing it grow.