Low cal high volume food

Options
2»

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Home made croutons (restaurant do this) In air fryer place 1 piece of low cal bread your choice if your a rye gal or wheat etc. Place 2slices bread on top of each other 9-10min cook time less if yours gets too hot.Break them up place in a Tupperware container it’s same as toasted bread cal wise place on salads or foods. No seasoning needed healthier because no additives to keep it on a shelf.Probably can do 1 slice but not sure if times the same.

Approx 248cal if you go by serving size y 1/2 tomato 🍅. This is the peppered flounder y corn with pickled pepper,broccoli with julienne cut carrots steamed then added freash 1/2 tomato 0wb0zdwe3ucd.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    If your interested -https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10747166/women-ages-50-for-june-2019#latest

I told them you need ideas 💡 so you should get some more ideas soon.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Don't forget shirataki noodles. The consistency of them (they're a bit rubbery, not like spaghetti, but only 30 calories for the entire package) takes some getting used to. At this point, I'd rather have them than have spaghetti. They are especially good in soup.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    I'm really full when I have a package or shirataki noodles in my soup.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Found the shirataki soup noodles they also have shirataki rice 🍚 for soups. Some people like it in spaghetti.They look different than regular noodles but if your used to Asian cooking it’s a common staple. My aunt used to put it in her spring roles y sometimes egg rolls (American dish her kids liked after visiting a friends restaurant) noupe5vg4dvv.png
  • damaddox7
    damaddox7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @Lindalouwho A great recipe myself and my family likes is.

Brussel Sprouts
    Asparagus
    Red Onion
    Turkey Bacon

Chop up 1/2 medium red onion
    Cut up your Brussel Sprouts and Asparagus.
    Saute them in a little I use Extra Virgin OIive Oil or Spray Pam.
    After the veggies are almost sauted.
    Then add I use the already cooked turkey bacon chopped. But you can cook the turkey bacon if you like.

It's delicious!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Don’t trust the responses that mention peanuts, butters, or oils. These are the very definition of high density calorie snacks. Not to say you can’t have them, but weigh them!

The no calorie fillers are water, fiber and air.

Teas, soups and stews are high volume low calorie.

Shirataki noodles are mentioned. Many vegetables are high in fiber.

All the air popped grains get you higher volume for fewer calories. This includes puffed wheat, air popped popcorn and rice cakes.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    m8xjqr04b2eh.jpeg
    cn22kckysgjh.jpeg
    atagpnm1bizz.jpeg
    eg4eh6ffo1x4.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Bullion cubes (my Doctors keep mentioning it like it’s the holy grail that y fiber lol)

No 2 people eat the same,lose the same,or can do everything the same. Everything you chose for your diet will decide on a lot of factors Sex (men can have more calories than women),height bone sizes y weight (a 3ft woman who’s 20yrs old no kids will not be eating the same calories as a 6’4 Woman over 60! A man in his 30’s who’s 5’4 will not have the same calories as a 55yr old man who’s built like a tank who’s 5’10! What country to town do you live in what’s available there. Qualify for silver sneakers 👟 free service to some? Free classes yoga to $10 defense classes? Free park with a lot of things there? A house with a great walking area y air conditioner on? A mall that allows walking? What excersice you chose to foods you like or will attempt to eat. Who lives with you. Your will power to fill a fridge or shop daily with an empty one that is the question.Im full fridge for different choices hubby is empty house so out of site out of mind. Do you do the cooking can effect a lot for some. What cooking methods are available to you? Medical available? Dieticians y trainers? Doctors who agree or not? Teeth 🦷(I got sensitivity in mine from a filling gone wrong disaster). Lots y lots of variables.2 people eating the same portions food yexcercises may not have the same results.One will stay the same,go up,or lose a little.The other will be skinny in weeks. Then there’s the ones who diet go from a size 30W to a size 2 it’s noticeable. Another will look at the scale y clothes nothings changing but take pictures well their building muscle losing fat the areas are shifting differently. They start y end the same weight but look better.
    Just do your best it’s all we got.
    Even some doctors give bad advice do research y figure out what’s right for you.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    tg4j45vcgysj.jpeg
    (Photo pre-cooked)Chicken,squash,corn cob in steamer no seasoning/ bell pepper in skillet to cook to lay on top of chicken (can melt cheese on chicken at end also or even add jalapeños) / spinach,cucumber,y tomato with 0cal chipotle ranch dressing Walden farms as salad can add carrots 🥕 if want to onions ect. On side. Can serve with 4oz unsweetened apple juice or 4oz tea to sip for flavor low calorie one always check some are very low . Can be made as low as 2cal up to 190cal store bought jugs! So check . Cold water glass to wash stuff down.

I find most meat at SamsClub/Costco type places I get very low calorie meats.Regukar stores they’re there just search. I got these meats recently this week.
    Member Mark (Sams brand) -
    1.Wild Alaska Flounder skinless boneless fillets 70cal 3.5oz per serving (14servings per 3lb bag) / Tilapia all natural fillet 100calories 4oz serving (12 serving. in bag)
    2.Tyson boneless skinless chicken breast 110cal (220mg sodium 🧂) 4oz serving sizes (40 servings per bag)

Walmart
    Cheese Walmart GreatValue sliced baby Swiss y provolones 70 cal per slice
    Can lay one on top of chicken 🍗 for flavoring melt it on or for cheese sandwich 🥪.

The calories of your items determines the end calories so always check back serving y serving sizes before grabbing them at any store online or in store. The food sites for mail to home (they offer some on this app y coupons) can contact y research to be sure it’s what you need for your individual goals. Can also go to Farmers markets y individual farms for foods.
    Now I’m wishing I had bought an onion for salad 🥗 y the bell pepper.After thought 💭 allowed those at my age.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms 0cal dressings
    Toast your breads for sandwiches 🥪
    Veggies/fruits
    Homemade Zucchini noodles in your pasta dishes instead of regular noodles $5 Walmart for the peeler for them
    Lower calorie chips
    Sugar free popsicles
    Sugar free apple juice
    Sugar free apple juice? How is that made?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    b49pqp3mldba.jpeg
    So key - Got to read labels each brands different some are not natural juices others are. Sugarfree means they don’t add cups of sugar just the natural apples 🍎. Some say no sugar added others sugarfree I say sane thing.

Walmart Gv or HEB brand 100% Apple Juice 🥤 No sugar added #1 fav for taste. 110cal per 8fl oz.
    Apple juice from concentrate in filtered water 💦,Absorbic Acid (Vitamin C high amount). That’s all the ingredients.28g sugar total

#2 fav Great Balue Walmart (vitamin C again high)Light No sugar added Apple Juice Cocktail from concentrate 60 calories 50%juice (why its my 2nd rather have 110calories but more juice content) ingredients water 💦,Apple juice concentrate,natural flavors,calcium gluconate ,malic acid,calcium lactate, absorbing acid,sucralose,cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).14g sugar total

#3 SugarFree great value Apple juice mix powder 0% juice sk6sp28ub90w.jpeg
    5calories 0g sugar add water make a pitcher. Can add sugar but I don’t use it as a filler treat or make popsicles when almost over my calories for the day. 100% vitamin C. I’d write the ingredients but such big words here’s a picture instead no body with s 2yr old has time for that lol 😂.Especially when he’s opening every cabinet door he can in a toy car.

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    b49pqp3mldba.jpeg
    So key - Got to read labels each brands different some are not natural juices others are. Sugarfree means they don’t add cups of sugar just the natural apples 🍎. Some say no sugar added others sugarfree I say sane thing.

So not actually apple juice - more like apple flavored water (with 0% juice). I typically don't drink straight apple juice because it's simply too sweet, and that's without added sugar. I dilute it with water. I can't imagine buying apple juice with added sugar, though I realize people do it all the time.

Sugar free in the above instance appears to mean 0g of sugar. That's very different than no sugar added. Note the 24g of sugar in this apple juice. The only added ingredient being ascorbic acid.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    1cs7l60aaow7.jpeg
    Aokoye exactly ! Yeah ones with added sugar whooo through the roof. I see #3 as koolaid lol 😆 it says sugarfree on it.Sign theirs no real juice but if I want a 5 cal snack that has flavor but already met my nutritional goals then bam curves my hunger to eat a freezer pop made from it or just drink a glass of it.
    #1 I add water 💦 too thought I was the only one I also add water to teas,orange juice,even vanilla soy/almond milk if I feel it’s too sweet. I love sweets but not that kind too tangy to me.I have orange tree love to make my own orange juice if I want sweetness I add a little store bought to it. I keep these 3types Of Apple juice on hand tho use the one I want or need,but I drink 4oz not big on a lot of juice.Tea trying to cut back I was downing enough to supply a whole country.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Today was pulled chicken fajita flavored
    Boil,broil,or steam your chicken then pull it apart with 2 forks till it’s shredded.Then a 15cal fajita seasoning packet in water pour on top mix it up. Tadaaa can eat the meat alone,add veggies 🌶 to more spices, with tortillas or even crackers,with or without cheese,on salads,on rice 🍚,in soup 🍜. The rest freeze 🥶 for later or put in refrigerator until the next meal