Newbi

Options
Hello, starting my weight loss journey a whole new way. Low carbs, no processed food, no sugar and a lot of veggies. I’m 47 and been eating this way for a week and can feel a major difference already. Sugar and processed for and bad carbs are killers!!

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    I like my sugar and carbs... but if it's working for you, that's what matters. Good luck to you! :)
  • Angela3705
    Angela3705 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It’s hard, but it’s working! Thanks!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    good luck.

some food for thought: if you start finding your plan prohibitively difficult/time consuming/hard to keep up/getting many cravingss, you can mix things up and just look at a more straightforward weight loss option: calories in VS calories out (as opposed to good food VS bad food, limiting good groups). Some people find limiting food options can become difficult and they "fall off the rails" because they can't keep up ALL the requirements they put on themselves.

It doesn't have to be ALL OR NOTHING either. you can be "good" 80% of the time to get all your nutrients and protein then the other 20% do whatever you want that fits in your calorie goals :)

But again, do what works for you, we are all different :) Just some food for thought.

some getting starting links that may be helpful
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • robbobdee
    robbobdee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need carbs for lifting and before setting a new record on the treadmill, but in general gotta eat that PROTEIN. :smiley:
  • dowdybrittney
    dowdybrittney Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have similar goals for eating. I'm active on MFP and post daily and give encouragement. I'm 34 with 2 kids, a 5 and 2 yr old. FR me if you want to be friends. -Britt
  • Mister_X_
    Mister_X_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good for you I am on a very similar plan. And welcome by the way
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and just started eating keto (low carb, high fat, moderate protein) a little less than a month ago.

I was not a big sweet eater, already ate very few processed foods, also no corn or soy (unless fermented soy), and I'm a foodie that makes everything homemade.

So, I haven't found it restricting. The only thing I really changed was adding fats (olive oil and coconut oil) into my diet and cutting out baked goods.

But with these couple of changes, my energy has skyrocketed through the roof!! And my body just feels better in general (no bloating or fatigue).

Good luck!