Shy Hello

I am fat. Simply put. I am unhappy. Again simply put. I love, love and yet I am left alone all day long because well to put it in realistic terms a friend told me, I am perfect except that I am fat and that is not attractive. I need a friend. Someone who will help me be more than the low opinion I have of myself. I know not many will respond to this if anyone at all, but I am desperate. So I am throwing my shoe in the ring because I can spare one and my hat is just too precious to me at the moment. I hope someone makes the effort because I am almost out of wind.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Get up and move. Dance, if you want.
  • Thank you, I do that.. just tired of dancing alone..
  • Newfie_Steve83
    Newfie_Steve83 Posts: 776 Member
    A real friend should be someone who tries to encourage you and doesn't say things to make you feel bad. They should support you no matter what.
  • Would you um, I mean would you consider being a friend of mine in here? Not sure how to do that but if possible. I mean just think about it.
  • Newfie_Steve83
    Newfie_Steve83 Posts: 776 Member
    Would you um, I mean would you consider being a friend of mine in here? Not sure how to do that but if possible. I mean just think about it.

Request is already sent 😊
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Hi, so what do you plan to do in regard to losing the weight and regaining your self confidence?

Why are you left alone all day? are you housebound for some reason?

If not, maybe joining a weight loss group like Weight Watchers might help you find real life friends to support you as well as finding friends here online.

• Way too much to think about and no weight watchers here and personal questions I will not answer in a public forum.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Throw yourself in the ring, that way you can keep the hat. Some things require dedication. They're usually the big, scary things we like to pretend aren't there despite us carrying their burden daily. Dedication isn't an overwhelming requirement though, just a learned consistency. You need not build a pyre for what was, just read it a bedtime story.

Just start at the basics and nurture its growth without expectation.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Your weight is a part of you, but it does not define you unless you let it. All the best on your journey!
  • jedoubleday
    jedoubleday Posts: 479 Member
    I sent you a message. I think you need better friends. Like the people here
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Please feel free to add me as a MFP friend. We are all here to support one another. FAT = Fine and Talented smile:
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    I admire you driving towards self improvement and please no no matter what that there will never be a more beautiful you. Your weight is not what defines you. Do what makes you happy and continue to be the best possible you for yourself and those you love
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Friend request/message sent to you.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    You can do this, you are perfect as you are, other peoples opinion doesn't matter. Friend request sent.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Oh my! Your real life friend doesn't sound like much of a friend. Maybe I'm not getting the context but that hurt my heart to read. Lots of great folks on here and we all can understand the weight loss struggle. Although you sound like you are at the end of your rope you also clearly have a great sense of humor. Hang in there kiddo. Losing weight didn't solve all my problems but it sure as heck gave me more confidence to cope. You can do this.
  • BenCHarrison1981
    BenCHarrison1981 Posts: 18 Member
    Words can hurt from people we think are close to us, we're here for you through thick and thin - its not an easy rode but that's life everyone is fighting a battle within, some just don't show or speak about it. Dont' give up and we're here should you want to talk, let off steam or look for advice! Do it for you and you alone not for any one else! - friend request sent
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    I agree with the above, do it for YOU!