A month and a half in...

Options
And I am down 19.5 pounds!! And best of all, my sugar levels are perfect!

How do you set mini goals? Is it a number to reach, a certain time?

Replies

• lauriepoirier1
    lauriepoirier1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I will try the new exercise each week! Right now I am doing 5k steps per day.
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use the Happy Scale app and like how it sets goals based on the historical data of my weight loss journey. Good luck on your journey!
  • smaerose
    smaerose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Been doing 1200 calories a day for 5 weeks, down four pounds. It took me 20 years to put on 25 pounds so 4 pounds in this amount of time is pretty good!
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome about your blood sugar levels! Congrats! :)
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,313 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I typically don't set timed weight loss goals. I'll focus on the next 5-10 pounds at a time, just without a time frame. I generally set behavioral goals related tracking, sticking to my calorie goals, working out or pushing myself at the gym, planning, cooking at home more, pretty much any area where I've been a little lax or that I feel is a weak point.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    My first goal is onederland (below 200 lbs). After that is met, it will be every 5 lbs with no dates set.
  • bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Great job! I initially just had a big goal of losing more than 200 pounds, but then that started to feel a bit overwhelming. So I adjusted. Right now, my first goal is to lose 50 pounds. I've lost 23 of it so far, so I'm pert near halfway!

After 50 pounds gone I'll still be 310. So my goal after that is to get lower than my lowest weight as an adult, 287. I'm aiming for 285 because that's 25 pounds. Then my goal is to get under 260, at which point I'll have lost 100 pounds. And we'll see from there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!