Best Tips for Success

goofylove89
goofylove89 Posts: 14 Member
What are your best tips to staying on track? What helped you to be successful?

Some of my tips:
I have go to meals that are staples in my day that I eat often (ex. taco salad) and know the calories and portions

A water bottle with a drink packet mixed in, frozen for about 4 hours makes a nice zero calorie snack to get me through the afternoon

Cut up fruits and veggies on Sunday to have easy access during the week

Replies

• TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    I don’t step on a scale daily!! It’s not “healthy” for someone with a long journey should they gain a pound a day after busting their butt exercising. Weigh in once or twice a week only. Weight is one thing, losing inches is another. Scale can be deceiving and be a downer from time to time.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    FOOD SCALE
    When going shopping/doing errands ect I must plan ahead by bringing healthy snacks to prevent a hungry lunch binge
    Water, water, water.
    Exercise: I love food, burning the calories allows me to eat more!
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    Drink lots of water, 4 ltr a day. Eat high fiber foods that keeps me full with all that water.
  • Marksgirl71
    Marksgirl71 Posts: 3 Member
    I've dropped 18 lbs in 3 months, and still have a ways to go. I think a big part of success is having the proper mindset...it doesn't matter how long it takes to lose the weight, just make it a lifestyle and don't give up. Also, try to eat healthy foods you enjoy, and log everything. No food is off limits, though. Just fit it in your log. Find an exercise you enjoy so you'll stick with it. I love walking my dog and bicycling. Years ago I bought a Wii Fit and enjoy those exercises too.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I don’t step on a scale daily!! It’s not “healthy” for someone with a long journey should they gain a pound a day after busting their butt exercising. Weigh in once or twice a week only. Weight is one thing, losing inches is another. Scale can be deceiving and be a downer from time to time.

I respectfully disagree. I weigh daily. It keeps me engaged in the process and helps me understand my trends. I don't get upset or feel like quitting if my weight stalls or goes up a bit because I understand fluctuations.

Weighing first thing in the morning gets me excited for that day's MFP journey. It keeps me accountable and on track. 😀
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I think you have to do what is right for you, weighing daily helps me, I could gain 7 lbs in a week if I am not careful. If I weigh I see the consequences so it is healthy for me because it makes me cautious. Do what works for you as I do what works for me. I also watch my sweets and bread, eat little of these but I do have some.
  • rosemake
    rosemake Posts: 7 Member
    All these posts are what I needed to read today. Gotta get my food scale back out.
  • morganter
    morganter Posts: 4 Member
    I am a person who does step on the scale every morning. Because I know it is what I am putting in and how much I am exercising that will determine the weight loss or gain. The hardest thing to conquer is portion control. I am not giving up eating anything or drinking anything. But I am cutting back on the amount of food I intake. In two months I am down almost 15 lbs. It goes up a few lbs some days. If I exercise more I know I can lose more faster. But aren't we all pretty lazy? It truly is what you put in and the amount of food. My fitness pal helps me keep it at about 1650 calories a day which I think is doable for life and I am still seeing the lbs drop off gradually by maintaining the food intake and not doing any fad diet that might help me lose-but will not be a life changing step.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!