July, Ultimate Accountability Challenge for both Weight Loss and Maintenance!!!

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133109-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2019
Join us for July. Click on link above
You are invited to check us out...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

This group emphasizes long-term changes, but you can sign up for one month at a time.

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge, UAC, has been going on for more than 5 years. It's a monthly challenge but it's designed for those who have a long-term goal. We emphasize the healthy habits of tracking your daily intake of all caloric liquid and solid; the intentional choice to exercise at least 20 minutes per day; consuming less calories than your chosen caloric limit; and then, posting your daily results for accountability with a great group of team members. Join us for July!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    July will be my 20th month of participating in the UAC challenge with the goal being to live a healthy life. Monitoring calories, logging, and exercise allow me to succeed in maintenance without becoming complacent. UAC is my inspiration for continued diligence. It is the best gift you can give to yourself where you are in absolute control, and it is free. Please join us on this journey to good health. We are better together! :)
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    This is great group ... friendly and very supportive. It is non-competitive (except for competing with yourself). Most importantly, it focuses on building the healthy habits that lead to long-term success. Equally important, it is a long-term group so you can count on it being there for you throughout your journey.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,825 Member
    Options
    I had a late meeting last night and never would have gone out for a walk afterward if not for this group. Not saying I'm perfect, but thank you all for helping.

I probably would have come home and reached for the potato chips. That's how I process a meeting if I am unaccountable. Instead I was able to make a better choice.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    This group has been so instrumental in keeping me accountable for my daily logging and exercise. I've been able to stay on track through vacations and holidays because I know I need to log in at the end of the day and report. The members here are so supportive and encouraging and I'm so happy to be a part of this fit family! Thanks to @RangerRickL for continuing to keep this group going. <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    UAC has kept me on the straight and narrow for 8 months so far. Even when I had a couple of injuries in May, I kept moving because of the accountability. The members are so supportive and encouraging that it's a pleasure to be part of the UAC family. And the Winners' Circle is an added incentive to log in each day.

Thanks @RangerRickL
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I follow on Instagram a woman who charges to be your accountability coach. Her clients have great success. But why pay for it when you can join this group for free?

I’m finishing my second month and feel very fortunate to have found this group. Has worked well for me as I was losing some regained weight, and I expect it will be perfect for me as I try to adjust to maintenance again too.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options
    This is my 16th month in UAC. I can not recommend it highly enough whether you want to lose weight/gain weight/or maintain weight. You set your own calorie goal. You simply log in & answer three simple questions.
    Did I exercise 20 or more minutes? (You decide what “counts” as exercise.)
    Did I stay with in my calorie goal? (You set that.)
    Did I track every bite or sip of food/drink?

These are the skills we need to be successful.

UAC has “saved” me so many times & it’s a very inspirational group. Folks are successful. Maintainers are maintaining! I learn a lot from this VERY friendly & honest group.

If you are ready to be successful, give UAC three months. One month to practice these habits, second month to get them more solid, and third to begin flying!! And for many, they fly their Very 1st month!

@RangerRickL is a gifted group facilitator who guides us with beautiful photographs, inspiring quotes, wisdom, and thought-provoking questions. Thank you Rick❣️

As they say, “Try it; You’ll Like it!”♥️

Join us!
    Maddie
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Dearest @MadisonMolly2017; @goldthistime; @TerriRichardson112 ; @w8goal4life ; @_JeffreyD_; @BonnieHosk85;
    @jan110144; Thank you for your encouragement and enthusiasm!
    Rick
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late to the party to gush over how awesome UAC is! I joined UAC for the first time in January after joining MFP in December. I've now joined for the 7th month in a row, and I'll keep joining for as long as the group is around. Everyone is amazing and so inspiring and supportive. And the drive to stay in the Winner's Circle each month really keep you motivated to stay within your calories, get in some movement and stay accountable. If you're looking for a great group of people who will help you on your health and wellness journey, sign up!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    This has become a hard habit to break, I need something to own up to, this keeps me well and truly on track , am much fitter and healthier for it, come and join us!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks to UAC team members @less100n00; @stella7x7; @TerriRichardson112 (for keeping the thread bumped up!!); @AbandondedKSCharger (you are very appreciated!); @fatbambi2017: and @corriepelc
    Your encouragement and invitation means far more than any words that I can write.
    Here is the link to the July UAC signup https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133109-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2019
  • mmsiems425
    mmsiems425 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    July will be my 2nd month. I thought this would be easy when I joined in June - 3 pass days? No problem. Ugh. Social activities and life make this challenging. But I was probably taking too many pass days for too long without being aware of it, which is why I never saw forward progress. UAC makes me accountable to myself. July winner circle is going to be a stretch with vacation scheduled in there but I will sign up to try again. That's all we can do!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks to UAC team members @less100n00; @stella7x7; @TerriRichardson112 (for keeping the thread bumped up!!); @AbandondedKSCharger (you are very appreciated!); @fatbambi2017: and @corriepelc
    Your encouragement and invitation means far more than any words that I can write.
    Here is the link to the July UAC signup https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133109-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2019

Thanks @RangerRickL When I’m tempted by the Midnight Munchies I just think of UAC and my personal pledge to make the Winners Circle and it keeps me strong.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Please scroll up to see the comments from UAC members!

Consider joining! Your Future Self will thank you for being Heathy & Happy, & for having Established Habits in Place!

Treat yourself! Join today! Why not give it a go?!?!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Are you in this for the long run? Have you gotten to the point where you NEVER want to gain the weight back again?

This group is like an insurance plan to make sure you never do.

Simple habits, practiced daily = never dieting again.

Come join us & meet others who are successfully making their health dreams come true!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133109-ultimate-accountability-challenge-july-2019