loose skin an issue if weight loss of 50 - 60 lbs?

2»

Replies

• Billsfansj
    Billsfansj Posts: 15 Member
    I Started at about 400 and am at around 185 now and yeah loose skin is a real issue for me, I'm not sure nothing short of a surgery I can't afford will help me.
  • Billsfansj
    Billsfansj Posts: 15 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Do I love it? No. Would I rather be 73# heavier. Hell no.

I'm Kind of the opposite,I lost weight because I thought it would make me feel more comfortable with my body,But having a large amount of loose skin, I honestly feel more unsure of myself than when I was at my heaviest.

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I'm down 80 lbs so far. I don't have any loose skin I'm aware of. Though I've lost it over the course of 3 years. Maybe thats why?
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m 5’3”, lost 44 pounds from 173-129, age 63. I’ve been maintaining since the beginning of October. I have loose skin on my upper arms, thighs and stomach (but I’ve also had 2 abdominal surgeries).
    My arms have shown improvement, the other areas not so much but I’m still much happier at this weight —and if I’m stuck with my skin the way it is, it’s worth it.
    One positive I can report is that my face is filling back out a bit from when I first reached my current weight.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I'm down 80 lbs so far. I don't have any loose skin I'm aware of. Though I've lost it over the course of 3 years. Maybe thats why?
    My weight loss so far has taken me just slightly over 3 years (86 pounds). I'm taking it very slow and weight lifting, I still have loose skin. Genetics etc play into it too, as well as rate of loss, and height to weight ratio etc

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2019
    204 down to 140 so far. 31 5’4” only a tiny bit on my triceps. That’s going away though. Don’t expect any elsewhere
  • EmBeatie
    EmBeatie Posts: 33 Member
    Billsfansj wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Do I love it? No. Would I rather be 73# heavier. Hell no.

I'm Kind of the opposite,I lost weight because I thought it would make me feel more comfortable with my body,But having a large amount of loose skin, I honestly feel more unsure of myself than when I was at my heaviest.

You must feel much healthier though? Being able to move, sit and get up comfortably compensates for loose skin surely?