Everyone around me tries to sabotage me being healthy.

Options
So I know we are all on MFP because we are all trying to make changes like lose weight, gain weight, more muscle, be healthier, I could go on and on. Ever find it hard to stay motivated when everyone one around you could care less about your healthier lifestyle? Just today alone at work I got offered pizza, doughnuts, and cupcakes. Wtf?? Lol

Replies

• fhamdani99
    fhamdani99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Temptation is everywhere, and it just becomes more apparent when you’re actively trying to change. It’s easy to blame external influences but like Silverleaf said, no one is force feeding you. I wish you the best 👍
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I developed a strategy for work related treats. I never ate food gifts at work. Never. I took it home, I had a plate and bag at work for such a purpose. I told people that I'd "leave it for later", since I'd already eaten.

If the food was healthy (such as fruit) I'd eat it later. Otherwise I regifted it to the birds near home, or on the way home. Birds love pizza, cake and fatty, sugary treats.
  • Grimmerdhore
    Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ccoates216 wrote: »
    So I know we are all on MFP because we are all trying to make changes like lose weight, gain weight, more muscle, be healthier, I could go on and on. Ever find it hard to stay motivated when everyone one around you could care less about your healthier lifestyle? Just today alone at work I got offered pizza, doughnuts, and cupcakes. Wtf?? Lol

I can never expect anyone else to embrace my choices - because my choices are my responsibility. I embrace them, and I live them with deliberation and purpose. But I also remember that other people don't have my restrictions, my disabilities, or my outlook. Other people are living their lives, and I embrace their freedom to do that. So when my best friend offers me something he knows good and well I cannot have on my diet, then I simply decline with a "no thanks" and let it go. Because it's still my choice. It's always my choice. In most cases, they aren't being deliberately tempting, they are being polite - which can be a sensitive time for me, because I'm tempted to return their hospitality by accepting - but I simply decline politely, and continue the conversation.

I hope you can find that inner peace that allows you to live out your choices in every temptation.

43683759.png
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This will really build up your No muscle. Keep it up.