What are you looking forward to doing as you lose weight?

Options
Not necessarily once you're at your goal weight, but things you want to do along the way!

Here are some of the things I want to do as I lose:

- Ride a rollercoaster again
- Go skydiving (I pretend I'm scared, but it's because I know there must be a weight limit)
- Wear a shape of dress that isn't fit and flare
- Go zip lining
- Not have to Google if a store carries my size before I go clothes shopping
- Go on more adventurous vacations
- Not have to think about if I'll be able to stand or walk for long periods of time when I get invited out
- Be able to sit in the emergency exit row on an airplane!

What about you?

Replies

• bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Dan2668 wrote: »
    Something I found whilst trying to recapture my fitness: The ability to run is underrated.

To run after a child wondering into traffic, to run for a train you're about to miss, to run away from awkward encounters with ex girlfriends you see out shopping. That kind of thing.

Yes, the ability to run definitely comes in handy!

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Wow, lady!! Your list is pretty much identical to mine as I was losing, and I've done all of it except for skydiving which I'm honestly a little bit afraid to do! Love roller coasters & enjoyed ziplining, though.

I never knew how much I would enjoy just being silly dancing & goofing around with friends and family. Or dancing and fully enjoying myself at concerts.

Flying was a big one for me too. I didn't fly for years. I'm sure I would have fit on a plane one way or another but I was very concerned about needing a belt extender or feeling like I was taking over part of my fellow passengers' seats/armrests, so I pretty much avoided flying altogether. Now I fly for work and don't give it a second thought.

• bjkoziara
    Options
    Wow, lady!! Your list is pretty much identical to mine as I was losing, and I've done all of it except for skydiving which I'm honestly a little bit afraid to do! Love roller coasters & enjoyed ziplining, though.

I never knew how much I would enjoy just being silly dancing & goofing around with friends and family. Or dancing and fully enjoying myself at concerts.

Flying was a big one for me too. I didn't fly for years. I'm sure I would have fit on a plane one way or another but I was very concerned about needing a belt extender or feeling like I was taking over part of my fellow passengers' seats/armrests, so I pretty much avoided flying altogether. Now I fly for work and don't give it a second thought.

I fly a few times a year because my family lives far away, but I always need a belt extender, which means I can't sit in emergency exit rows, where all the leg room is! I always fly Southwest because you can choose your seats, so people can choose not to sit next to the fat lady if they don't want to.

I would love to zipline! It sounds so fun! Did you love it?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to move more freely, without my joints hurting, being breathless or getting tired from exerting myself. 😩
  • bjkoziara
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I want to be able to move more freely, without my joints hurting, being breathless or getting tired from exerting myself. 😩

Yeah, add that to my list too!
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Getting some of my old clothes out of storage
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have no expectations. Not sure if that is 'good' or 'bad'. I see people set 'rewards' for hitting goal weights. I always think that is a good idea but then I can't think of an appropriate reward. What is better than being that much lighter?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    bjkoziara wrote: »

I fly a few times a year because my family lives far away, but I always need a belt extender, which means I can't sit in emergency exit rows, where all the leg room is! I always fly Southwest because you can choose your seats, so people can choose not to sit next to the fat lady if they don't want to.

I would love to zipline! It sounds so fun! Did you love it?

It was fun, for sure, but I honestly think roller coasters are more of a thrill for me! I live close to Branson, MO where there are a lot of ziplines and a bunch of excellent amusement park rides and I think I like those more. With a zipline, the first 1-2 times you go it's awesome and then it's kind of like, "oh...not as cool as the first couple times were". At least for me! Still worth doing, though.
  • Annaleighmarie
    Annaleighmarie Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to go to amusement parks and not be out of breath and tired. Not have to worry if I will be able to ride the ride because of my size.

Be able to skate and ride my bike

Wear cute clothes

Keep up with my little Cousins

Avoid health problems
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    jfdi6960 wrote: »
    Getting some of my old clothes out of storage

I haven't worn jeans since mid 2014. I refuse to buy larger jeans. I'm 11 kg from wearing jeans again.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oh, and gettin' some.
  • bjkoziara
    Options
    hixa30 wrote: »
    Oh, and gettin' some.

Ha! My husband would probably put that on his list of things he would like as I lose weight too lol
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I just like being able to buy and wear cuter clothes.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    hixa30 wrote: »
    Oh, and gettin' some.

This. I'd like to feel less self conscious during the boom-boom times.
  • babel95
    babel95 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is kind of plain but I want to be in and take more pictures! I want to look back at old pictures with my future children and explain how much fun I was having, not why I didn’t want my picture taken.
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I want my knees to stop aching. That and wear a bikini confidently.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    As I have lost a considerable amount already, I now want to be in pictures. And not hide in the back and be all covered up. On past family vacations I was the one who didn't go zip lining or horse back riding. Don't know if anyone still wants to do that, but I would do them both now. I want to start participating in maybe those shorter walks for charity and do one of those color runs (or walk) where they throw paint at you. Want to do a polar bear event - going in the ocean in January when it's freezing. Sure I could have done that before but needed to be able to run out of water quickly and get to my clothes lol Go through all my clothes, the ones in closet that were too small and no longer have boxes of clothes just waiting until they fit.
  • bjkoziara
    Options
    I can’t count the number of times I’ve said no to something because of my weight. No I can’t go to that party because I don’t have anything cute to wear. No I can’t go to Six Flags because I can’t get on the rides so why bother paying the money. No I don’t want to go to the beach.

I’m going to Universal Studios in August and I’m very excited. I should be a good weight and able to ride the rides.

That's awesome! You'll have to update us and let us know how it went :)

I'm going to Disney in January and I'm estimating I will have lost 80 to 100 pounds by then. That would still put me at 280 to 260, but maybe I'll be able to fit on some.