Just getting started - need some friends for mutual support!

Options
hvaneve1
hvaneve1 Posts: 1 Member
A bit about me! I used to really enjoy working out, I was a runner and was in decent shape. I injured myself about two years ago and completely fell out of my routine. The last year I have struggled with stomach issues, which actually caused me to lose weight and I don't really look all that healthy anymore. I don't eat very well (lots of junk food). Two years ago I got up at 5am, worked out for an hour, ate good, and was full of energy. Fast forward to now and I'm lethargic, eating junk food all of the time, and can barely get up before 7am.

I am hoping that I can start working out and make myself feel better, but I am struggling doing it alone. So I'm hoping there are other people out there that might be interested!

Replies

• Sargotha
    Sargotha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are not alone dear, I don't have any friends here either but I will fully admit to not searching for any and I'm hardly active on the forums.

While I was never active like you, I do remember to when I had begun using this application almost two months ago and since I have, about thirty pounds have come off. I confess to having the help of medication for a year now, but the combination of that along with my job, and keeping track of my calories, the results have been better than I hoped for.

You can message me anytime, I log in every day to make sure I stay on track for remaining under my calorie goal and to not eat back what is burned off.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    If you'd like be part of a committed and supportive conversation, you could also look at some of the groups in the MFP Community Boards.

You can search for groups by keyword and you can find groups of people who all have something in common (keywords might be keto, low carber, fitbit, garmin, etc.). I'm in one called Fit2Fat, and have found that a friendly, similarly committed group is quite helpful.

Good luck!

• OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome OP ! you are in the right place !

Have you got your stomach issues diagnosed and/or under control ? If not, you might log those issues here too at the bottom of the food tab and you may start to see a pattern along with weighing and logging your diet as it is today.

Perhaps as a next step you could start swapping one meal a day back to how you used to eat to get into the swing of things and increase your consumption of water.

People here may well tell you junk food is ok and its all about CICO - you have seen the issues poor nutrition can have so would really encourage you to start making baby step changes to your diet first.

I know when I am eating a lot of junk food / ready meals etc I get a lot more lethargic and sluggish.

The huge positive is that you know what worked for you once - I think the biggest step for us all is to find the woe that works best for us rather than following what someone else says is right.

Once you are feeling a little better, perhaps start a walking routine and when you feel ready, bump it up a gear.

The most important thing though is that you are kind to yourself - nobody here romped it through their weight loss journey with big smiles of awesomeness plastered on their face every day. You just get up and start again the next day :)

Good luck OP - you got this !
  • zhally
    zhally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hvaneve1 wrote: »
    A bit about me! I used to really enjoy working out, I was a runner and was in decent shape. I injured myself about two years ago and completely fell out of my routine. The last year I have struggled with stomach issues, which actually caused me to lose weight and I don't really look all that healthy anymore. I don't eat very well (lots of junk food). Two years ago I got up at 5am, worked out for an hour, ate good, and was full of energy. Fast forward to now and I'm lethargic, eating junk food all of the time, and can barely get up before 7am.

I am hoping that I can start working out and make myself feel better, but I am struggling doing it alone. So I'm hoping there are other people out there that might be interested!

Hello I'm new using the comunnity and this app, I'll like to have some friends here abs support each other Thanks