Help with exercise and being in a deficient

Options
1500 cal a day is my goal! my food for today is 1610 my exercise so far is 701 with 591 cal left so does that mean I am in a deficient and if I do this everyday I can lose weight?

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    If you have set up your goal correctly, and accounted for your exercise accurately, you should eat another 591 calories to be in an appropriate deficit and lose weight.

The important part is to keep to your goal everyday. If it's not working after a month or so, it may be necessary to recalibrate your intake or output. That's when people will start asking if you're using a food scale to measure calories in, and how you are are calculating your exercise calories.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I had to redo it mfp gave me the calories to lose weight but I changed it to 1500 so I re did it and it gave me 1600 so I am going to try it and see where it leads me
  • Grimmerdhore
    Grimmerdhore Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in a wheelchair, so I already understand that I'm likely not burning as many calories as MFP says I am when I'm doing aerobics, because I assume those numbers are for full-body aerobics. For that reason, I do not eat what I exercise, I stick only to the base number. So far I've lost 12.7 pounds in 45 days, so it seems to be working for me so far. If I begin losing too quickly, then I might make an adjustment, but for now it seems to be okay. I hope yours works out for you too!

43683759.png
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks me to!! Congrats on ur weightloss!!!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I think some exercise calories are overestimated, I don't eat back more than 300 exercise calories. Also, if you eat more on the weekends (as I do), you may want to "bank" your exercise calories for the weekend and look at it as a weekly goal instead of a daily one.