I just started CrossFit any advice

2»

Replies

• Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    I was going to say - Do NOT do it twice a day - swim, walk, yoga, cycle if you want to get more time in. Most of the people I know that do cross fit eventually hurt themselves - usually their back or knee. Go into it too intensely and you may be dealing with injury. Then I saw your post. How about a regular gym membership and just lift weights 3 days a week - get some personal training sessions so you get a plan that works all body parts. Add cardio/yoga/stretching between lifting days. I do shoulders and lower body together, chest and back, and biceps and triceps the third session. You can add basic core to each session (planks, crunches). Lifting will not burn a lot of calories, but you WILL see a difference in your body composition, increase your metabolism, and gain muscle.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    The cross fit didn't go so well. I am/was 30 lbs over weight @ 230. I loved the physical activities however it wore down my body and things hurt so I had to take 2-3 days off and come back (counter productive). It did make me eat heatlh and loved the workouts. I did talk to other cross fit people who were also over weight and I aksed how long they have been doing it "a couple of years" I wa shocked. I am a result type of person. The owner only got involved when I wasn't going to renew the 3 month memberhship. It was $777 for 3 months, ouch! Today 6/2019 I am back on Myfitness Pal and using a Fitbit and down 11 lbs, this is my pace and direction now.

A couple of things:

- wore down body and things hurt: what kind of hurt? As in injury hurt or as in my muscles are sore hurt? Also - someone above mentioned about how after 1 week you shouldn't be going off doing stuff on your own and you should find a new box - I tend to agree with that. I also am not a CrossFit aficionado so don't take my opinion too seriously. CrossFit done wrong = injuries all over the place
    - Why did CrossFit make you eat healthily? How? Did it motivate you to eat "healthy"? Can't you still eat "healthy" doing other exercise?
    - Well done on you loss.
    - I also agree with the other poster above about getting a normal gym membership, getting a coach/trainer person to actually teach you how to do 'stuff' at the normal gym and do that on top of your FitBit and logging on MFP. YOu will see results. In time of course, it doesn't happen overnight.