What do you cook in your Air Fryer?

I love my air fryer and have found some great things to cook in it, but I feel like I always hear people talking about what they are using them for and I feel like I am just not using mine to its fullest potential! What are your favorite healthy meals or snacks for the air fryer? I would love to hear your recipes!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    An easy one is chop a potato, some chicken, some broccoli, while preheating. Season how you want and use a little spray oil. Set for 15 mins and put the potatoes in. At 11-12 minutes in goes the chicken. At 3-4 mins, the broccoli. Easy peasy.
  • BethMarieVA
    BethMarieVA Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks! This sounds great. Might be my meal tonight since I already have all of the ingredients!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    Literally everything. I've only used my big oven a handful of times since I got my air fryer a year and a half ago. I loathe and despise every moment I spend cooking, so the air fryer is a godsend. Anything you can bake, I just whack 100 degrees off the recipe temperature and halve the cooking time to start and do it in the air fryer. I make enchiladas, baked chicken, london broil, reheat leftovers, those frozen vegetable roaster packs....seriously everything.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Everything! Some of my favorites -
    Zucchini slices tossed in olive oil, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese
    Green beans in the same same
    Chicken - in olive oil and an assortment of seasoning
    Pork chops dipped in egg and rolled in Parmesan cheese
  • BethMarieVA
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    Everything! Some of my favorites -
    Zucchini slices tossed in olive oil, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese
    Green beans in the same same
    Chicken - in olive oil and an assortment of seasoning
    Pork chops dipped in egg and rolled in Parmesan cheese

YUM...the Zucchini sounds amazing! thanks for the ideas!

• BethMarieVA
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Literally everything. I've only used my big oven a handful of times since I got my air fryer a year and a half ago. I loathe and despise every moment I spend cooking, so the air fryer is a godsend. Anything you can bake, I just whack 100 degrees off the recipe temperature and halve the cooking time to start and do it in the air fryer. I make enchiladas, baked chicken, london broil, reheat leftovers, those frozen vegetable roaster packs....seriously everything.

Thanks for the tips! I can't wait to try some new things.
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    What kind of air fryer do you use? I've been looking for one!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I do everything in mine too- chicken wings, french fries, veggies etc.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    I use it for just about everything that used to go into the oven. It's better insulated and smaller so more energy efficient. Last use was roast asparagus. Toss or spray on some olive oil, season and air fry 10-12 minutes at highest temperature.

I love using it for skin on chicken because the air fryer is great at removing subcutaneous fat resulting in very thin crispy skin. About 20-25 minutes but best to use a meat thermometer to ensure internal temperature near the bone is 72C.

I do roast dinner for up to 4 people in my small Phillips Viva model. Rub a little olive oil on a roast beef joint or half a leg of lamb. Boil peeled potatoes in salted water for 2 minutes. Shake drained potatoes in dry pan with fat to roughen the edges for extra crispiness. Arrange the meat and then potatoes in the air fryer. Air fry at 200C for approximately 40 minutes giving things a toss and a turn halfway. For most accurate results use a meat thermometer. Medium rare is 57C, but keep in mind that while beef or lamb is resting 10 minutes the internal temperature continues to rise about 5C so take the meat out at 52C if you want medium rare as opposed to medium. You can roast veg such as broccoli tossed in olive oil on top of the potatoes while the meat is resting before carving.

https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/kitchen/doneness.php
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Roasted cauliflower is my favorite. Quicker than the oven and I don't heat up the kitchen.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Everything. It is a great place to cook and reheat things quickly even if you don't use it for air frying.

Paging @just_Tomek . He won't want to miss an opportunity to take he usual jab at them.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    In a nut shell? Just about everything. I love using it for roasts (I have a HUGE Big Boss air fryer, I can roast a 12-14 pound turkey in this bad boy!), for "frying" chicken and fish, roasting veggies, making french fries (both frozen and homemade)... mine will even allow me to bake cakes in it, but to be honest, I still use the regular oven for that. lol
  • BethMarieVA
    lcatalan93 wrote: »
    What kind of air fryer do you use? I've been looking for one!

To be honest, I have no idea. I got it on sale about 2 years ago for $50. I use it all of the time, but seem to just cook the same old stuff because I have no idea what all I could cook in it. It is smaller. I would suggest getting the largest one you can find.
  • acpgee
    I did this tonight in the air fryer. I used a cup of frozen edamame, a teaspoon of olive oil and 20g of grated parmesan which fit in my little Phillips Viva model. At 200C in the air fryer it took about 10 minutes. Do get some silicon mesh (sold to prevent small items of food falling through BBQ grates) and cut to size to line your air fryer basket. Nothing sticks to the silicon mesh.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/150772/crispy-edamame/
  • BethMarieVA
    acpgee wrote: »
    I did this tonight in the air fryer. I used a cup of frozen edamame, a teaspoon of olive oil and 20g of grated parmesan which fit in my little Phillips Viva model. At 200C in the air fryer it took about 10 minutes. Do get some silicon mesh (sold to prevent small items of food falling through BBQ grates) and cut to size to line your air fryer basket. Nothing sticks to the silicon mesh.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/150772/crispy-edamame/

awesome tip! Thanks so much!
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    My husband does the best chicken wings ever. They come out so good, you can't even tell that they were not fried.
  • acpgee
    zamirasoni wrote: »
    My husband does the best chicken wings ever. They come out so good, you can't even tell that they were not fried.

I agree that the air fryer is great at melting away subcutaneous fat for the crispiest chicken wings ever. Different than deep fried but just as good.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,731 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Everything. It is a great place to cook and reheat things quickly even if you don't use it for air frying.

Paging @just_Tomek . He won't want to miss an opportunity to take he usual jab at them.

Aww leave the poor bugger alone. Someone attacked him in a dark alley with an air fryer and he's still trying to get over it. ;)
  • morganjw1
    morganjw1 Posts: 18 Member
    Chicken wings, chicken thighs are the most common. I usually cook these on my smoker but sometimes I just don't want to mess with it and use the air fryer. Makes great food.