Is it possible to loose 6% body fat in 6 weeks

My current weight is 143 Lbs Body Fat 30% and Hight 5’4. I am looking to loose 15 lbs and at get by fat down to 22%.
One of the Gyms is having a fitness challenge to loose 20 Lb or 6% body fat in 6 weeks. They will be taking an initial deposit of $400 and if you don’t lose 6% body fat OR 20 Lb, you don’t get your deposit back. They mentioned they will give meal prep, work outs and all the jazz. Is it safe to take up this challenge?

Replies

• Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Wow, that's a really tough challenge that would only work for people who have a very substantial amount they want to use. Heck no.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    What do you get if you win? Lol

It wouldn’t be too difficult to manipulate your water weight to lose 20lbs in a couple days if you’re a male over 200 pounds.

For your weight it would be difficult, but do able. Definetly not worth it if you’re not winning any cash to do it though IMO
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Wow, that's a *kitten* gym. To get that amount of money back people could end up doing very unhealthy behaviors to hit some arbitrary number. That's why I'm way of stuff like dietbet. At least dietbet is only $30. $400?!

My gym has NO weight loss challenges anywhere. It focuses on a strong body and a strong mind (you can get counseling there, too). They have nutritionists and such, too, but the focus is usually on healthy habits and longterm lifestyle changes rather than losing weight quickly. It's so refreshing after joining places that were always advertising expensive 6 week challenges like this.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    $400???!!!
    20 lbs in 6 weeks is more than 3 lb per week! With 20 lbs, you should not try to lose more than 1 lb per week. In the unusual case you could lose that much, it would include a lot of muscle loss as well as fat.

Not to mention, after three days tops you'd feel like garbage.