Weigh in day

Options
dee3mom30
dee3mom30 Posts: 24 Member
Hi I just started about a week agai . I switched over from weight watchers. Just wanted to get an idea as to what day you all weigh in ?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Every day. By weighing first thing every morning, it helps keep me accountable for the day. If I weighed weekly, as some do, I wouldn't be as engaged in the process. ☺
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. Some people weigh in once a week, or once every few weeks. Others weigh in everyday. I personally prefer weighing in every morning (naked, after peeing, before showering) and use a weight trend app called Libra. The app shows my trend over time and prevents me from freaking out over [completely] natural scale fluctuations. You'll see some spikes in my trend below and, for me, I'd freak if those spike days fell on weekly or monthly weigh-in days. I prefer to look at the overall picture because it keeps me sane.

ntw94ucvc2no.jpg

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning when I wake up, like clockwork.
  • dee3mom30
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @smoofinator . Thank you for sharing that maybe I will try that weighing in every day . I have a jump from being 174 on Saturday morning and then weighed myself Monday morning and I was at 177 . I ate really bad this weekend graduations and birthdays but it just shows how much fluid I retain. Do you track on here at all. I don’t see that app in my store .
  • dee3mom30
    Options
    @ LyndaBSS Thank you I am going to try this .
  • smoofinator
    Options
    dee3mom30 wrote: »
    @smoofinator . Thank you for sharing that maybe I will try that weighing in every day . I have a jump from being 174 on Saturday morning and then weighed myself Monday morning and I was at 177 . I ate really bad this weekend graduations and birthdays but it just shows how much fluid I retain. Do you track on here at all.

Yep! I enter my weight on MFP as well. It does the same thing as Libra (shows you a line graph of your weight over time), but I use Libra for that junk at the bottom of my screen shot (BMI, expected date I'll get to my goal weight if I maintain the current trend, etc.). If you're not interested in that other info, MFP is certainly more than adequate to show you your trend line.

If you meant tracking my food, absolutely. For me, logging has to be "everything everyday." I weigh my food with a digital scale and log literally everything I eat, drink, cook with, etc. It's the only way I've found that works for me. Eye-balling and loosey-goosey logging kill my progress.
  • dee3mom30
    Options
    @smoofinator Thank you so very much you have been very very helpful .
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight here once a week, but I track on Libra every day or every other day for my own edification.
  • dee3mom30
    Options
    @grimendale Thank you . I can not seem to find that app. Is that and android app ?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You looking for libra? I google libra app when I started using it. 😉
  • dee3mom30
    Options
    It’s only available on android not an iPhone. Thank you anyway
  • smoofinator
    Options
    It’s only available on android not an iPhone. Thank you anyway

What about Happy Scale? A lot of other forum peeps use that app. I think it does the same thing. Maybe worth checking out.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    @grimendale Thank you . I can not seem to find that app. Is that and android app ?

Yeah, I use Android. Happy Scale is very similar.