Progress Pictures - 1 Year on & Still going!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I really didn't think I would ever be writing this thread.
After starting, quitting, returning, quitting and so on for so many years, I am finally 1 year in and have lost 64lb!

I am only 4ft 11 so as 64lb might not sound enormous to some people, it is absolutely massive to me.

I was diagnosed with PCOS at a young age and was pretty much told that I would not be able to have children which was confirmed after 9 years of trying, treatment and failures.
I decided to get my act into gear last year when I was on holiday in Morocco and was shocked when my boyfriend took a pic of me which I did not recognize.

I immediately started the ball rolling to stop the rapid ride I was on to diabetes and contacted a weight loss surgeon to enquire about a gastric band.
A week after returning from holiday, I had my consultation, paid my bill and was given my surgery date.

I started my Liver reduction diet for my surgery on 02/07/2018 and had 2 weeks until surgery.
During this horrible task of completely cutting everything back to reduce my liver, I lost 19lb, I was finally on my way!

Surgery was 16th July 2018 and I was more nervous than I had ever been. My nurse confirmed my weight loss and it all became very real. I woke up from my surgery to find I had been given a 10ml gastric band and my surgeon said my Liver was in perfect health which I was thrilled about.

My weight loss was very gradual, 1lb a week mostly, some stagnant months where my lb's didnt move but the inches did. I adjusted my entire life to work with my band. Went walking every single day, stopped all takeaways, all fizzy and high calorie drinks and I don't even remember what bread tastes like.

I started at a size 20 which was getting very tight. I could barely walk for 10 minutes, my skin was terrible, I was constantly out of breath.
I now walk, run, swim, signed up to a gym, can wear nice clothes, make healthy choices, and most importantly, I am ovulating regularly! Which is something that I have been unable to say since forever!

I'm a happy size 12 now, and still going down. Fruit is my best friend, water is my side chick and the gym is my go-to guy :smiley:

y55xmrdt8d22.jpg

Replies