Hey everybody, I'm new here

Options
Hi, my name is Amaya and I am trying stay motivated with my weight loss journey.
I have gained alot of weight over the last few years due to emotional trauma, that I won't get into right now. But I went from a size 8 UK to a size 16 UK. I got to a point that I stopped caring for myself...
I looked in the mirror and hated the woman staring back at me.
Now I'm trying to keep myself going and not give up on my weight loss/life style change!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, feel free to add me

Replies

• olivebegonia1
    olivebegonia1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I can completely relate to what you're going through! My weight issues began in emotional trauma, and have plagued me my whole life. I have also gained weight to the point that I stopped caring for myself. Three weeks ago I decided to try to make a change three weeks ago and have lost twelve pounds! I have a long, long way to go, but I really want to try!
  • Shinrawrfit
    Shinrawrfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I can completely relate to what you're going through! My weight issues began in emotional trauma, and have plagued me my whole life. I have also gained weight to the point that I stopped caring for myself. Three weeks ago I decided to try to make a change three weeks ago and have lost twelve pounds! I have a long, long way to go, but I really want to try!

That's really wonderful to hear that I'm not alone, as I feel that way every day. Just knowing we are walking down a similar path has given me a bit of hope! Mind if I add you. I would love to be able to give support where I can!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

I hope you enjoy your journey.
  • Shinrawrfit
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Welcome to the community! <3

I hope you enjoy your journey.

Thank you so much!
  • Shinrawrfit
    Options
    hey, i can relate ‘cause of the trauma and mental stuff, and that leading to pretty tragic physical changes.
    you can always talk to me about mental stuff. i am studying psychology right now and i could always try to help me.
    you’re doing great and opening up like this is the strongest thing you could ever do.
    ~wen

Are you sure? That would be wonderful thank you so so much. I really need to talk to someone about it.