Am I doing this right? Diet help?

Options
I usually eat the same thing everyday I start with a special k breakfast sandwich for breakfast and have grapes and strawberries and a protein bar for a snack and either a ham and cheese sandwich or a grilled chicken wrap for lunch and usually a meat carbs and a vegetable for dinner and maybe a bowl of cereal for a snack if I’m craving something I just don’t know if that’s good enough and go to the gym 3-5 a week and with my job I usually get at least 10 miles a day walking I’m down 17 lbs in the first 6 weeks but I’ve Plateau the last 2 weeks

Replies

• dmcraig1001
    dmcraig1001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Being down 17 pounds in 6 weeks is awesome!
  • MileMarker641
    MileMarker641 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, you walk 10 miles a day as part of your job? May I ask what that job is because I may need to change careers. :-)
  • jkwillard8280
    jkwillard8280 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Panini911 wrote: »
    two weeks is still early days for "plateau".

are you using MFP as inteded? entering your stats, selecting a reasonable rate of loss to get a target calorie goal per day then weighting and logging your food to ensure you are eating at a calorie deficit?

the one thing you don't mention is weighing your food and logging. while exercise alone and "eating better" can work for some of the extra weight, most people eventually need to become a bit more precise and purposeful about food.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Yes I tend to track as best as I can my recommended calorie intake is 2080 but I try to stay around 1500 and no I do not weigh my food that is something I plan on doin
  • jkwillard8280
    Options

Thank you!

• jkwillard8280
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

17 pounds in 6 weeks is aggressive. OP, what is your height and current weight?

I’m 5’10 My current weight is 214
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

are you using MFP as inteded? entering your stats, selecting a reasonable rate of loss to get a target calorie goal per day then weighting and logging your food to ensure you are eating at a calorie deficit?

the one thing you don't mention is weighing your food and logging. while exercise alone and "eating better" can work for some of the extra weight, most people eventually need to become a bit more precise and purposeful about food.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Yes I tend to track as best as I can my recommended calorie intake is 2080 but I try to stay around 1500 and no I do not weigh my food that is something I plan on doin

MFP gave you that number for a reason. You're supposed to not only maintain a reasonable deficit but also properly fuel yourself. You don't get bonus points for under-eating - you get crappy nails, bad hair, bad skin and if done long-term damage to your muscles and organs. And get a food scale, best weight loss tool you'll ever buy.
  • jkwillard8280
    Options

ok you are likely eating more than you think you are, which in this case is a VERY good thing. If MPF recommends 2080 before exercise and you eat 1500 that is WAYYY too little and can lead to issues over time. But by not using a scale hopefully the 1500 is under estimated.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

Food scale - but again if you use one please please please don't eat only 1500.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

Ok thank you I’ll be eating more and a food scale will be my next purchase 👍🏻
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    food scales are cheap. use one.

weight loss is not linear. you might stop losing, you might gain a little. it's important to look at overall trends.

if you are truly not losing weight, you are probably eating more than you think. a food scale will help with that