Just can't lose the last 10 pounds!

Since August I've lost almost 4 stones. I've still got 10 pounds to go but I just can't shift them. I've completely plateaued. Any advice? I'm so frustrated!

Replies

• Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Gonna need a lot more details for people here to help you. But let’s start with:

How long have you plateaued?
    What was your starting and current weight?
    Height?
    Female I assume?
    Exercise levels?
    Caloric intake?
    How strict is your tracking?
  • joannewakeley
    joannewakeley Posts: 6 Member
    Plateaued about a month
    I exercise daily classes/swimming/gym burning around 300 calories
    I eat 1200 calories daily before exercise
    I'm thinking I need to be much stricter with tracking. I need to weigh and measure every single thing.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Plateaued about a month
    I exercise daily classes/swimming/gym burning around 300 calories
    I eat 1200 calories daily before exercise
    I'm thinking I need to be much stricter with tracking. I need to weigh and measure every single thing.

So much this! You are likely consuming more calories than you think. Buy a food scale if you don't already have one. Best $20 investment you'll ever make in yourself. :)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    yep, you got it. as you are closer to goal you need to be MUCH more meticulous about tracking the food in part.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

Also make sure to put your rate of loss to 0.5lb (0.25kg)/week at this point. and eat back a reasonable estimate of your exercise calories. don't just pick 1200 calories ;)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    I'm really close to goal and was stuck for a LONG time on the last few pounds. What I am finding now is that exercise makes a bigger difference than it did before. I don't usually eat much into my exercise calories, just to keep that cushion for inaccurate calorie counts (they happen!), but now as I am closing in on goal I can see a huge difference if I up the exercise a bit. That was not the case when I had more to lose. So yes, it is a bit harder and pickier at this stage, but you can get there!

I'm just over 5' tall, so 1200 calories is reasonable even for maintenance. That might not be your situation, but being strict about logging and then getting out some good strength-building and sweaty exercise calories will work.
  • joannewakeley
    joannewakeley Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you everyone 😁 I'm going to try tracking every single thing for a week and upping my exercise. I'll update you all next Saturday and let you know what happens.
    Thank you everyone for letting me know I'm not alone. I WILL do this!