Calorie deficit and how to use it

Hi all!!! I’m a newbie here I just created an account and honestly I’m a bit lost with this calorie deficit thing.. I’m 18 and I weigh 103 lbs. I’m pretty active I workout everyday for at least 45 minutes to gain muscle but I can’t help with my belly fat.. i train my abs, I’m eating healthy but the fat is just there no matter what... so I wanted to ask you if to lose it I should go for a calorie deficit or if I should just keep training and if you maybe have some useful tips on how to get rid of it!! Thank you so much!!

Replies

• EatingMyDInner
    EatingMyDInner Posts: 8 Member
    My concern is that cutting calories may limit the intake of critical nutrients for your development and growth. I don’t see anything wrong with training harder, but at this point you should eat when you’re hungry and just try to stick with healthier options (avoid fast void, alcohol, sugar, and desserts/pastries. If you’re active and eat healthy food, you will likely fill out gradually, and if not you can try making small adjustments to your diet or seeing a registered dietician down the road.
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    The first thing to say is that in any fat loss programme your body will decide where it will use fat from, not you. So training your core/abs will not lead to a reduction in fat around your waist. Just like training your arms will not lead to fat loss in your arms. Unfortunately, for women, that generally means the last place you lose fat from is around your mid section and hips. For men it's generally the lower back that is last to go. As others have said, concentrate more on eating good food with lots of variety ie lots of veggies of all colours, a variety of meats (unless you're a veggie), so fish, chicken, steak etc and enough carbs to fuel your body. This will give you an adequate supply of protein, good fats and carbs as well as all the essential micronutrients your growing body needs. Remember at your age to have fun, enjoy your food and enjoy your training.
  • TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    18, you're still growing! I know a young man that shot up from 6'2" to 6'8" from 18 to 20!