roxylanys Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

For me it helped to do the following then you can see where to improve

1. Weigh self and decide where you want to be. I set a whole target then broke down into smaller segments to make it seem not so far away.

2. Weigh and record all food. Also include liquid you drink , ud be surprised what calories are in drinks.

From here youd be able to see "oh i can still that dinner but a smaller version of it". I havent cut anything out, just had controlled , measured portions.

3.Take mesurments (arms, bum,legs,waist and any other place u want) I didnt do this at the begining , wish i had, . Really helps if the scales dont move but youve" lost" an inch on your waist

4. Decide when and if you want to have your weigh in. Try to keep weighs the same , for me sunday morning. Naked. Was once a week now once a month.
    Make sure you scales are re set to zero.

Im not going to lie, it can take a bit of getting use to but bear it, ull reap the rewards.

Ill send you a friends request.
    Take a look at my diary if you want to see my average day.

Good luck in your journey.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Great advice above. I'm just a month into this journey. I found that filling out my food diary truthfully worked miracles. It taught me what I've been doing wrong all these years.

I also fill out my meal plan a few days ahead. This helps keep me accountable and on track.

Best wishes on your journey.
  • roxylanys
    roxylanys Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That is very helpful. I am honestly learning not to mind tracking everything I eat 😄