The Biggest Loser casting call

Options
I am going to the 8/27/11 casting call for the Biggest Loser at the Citadel Outlets here in LA. Anyone else going?

10515637.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Not going, but will definitely be rooting for you to get picked! Good luck!!!
  • bitemecullen
    Options
    Fingers crosse for you hope they pick you :)
  • leopardvice
    Options
    good luck to you except by your picture you dont look like you have enough to lose. (thats a compliment!!) i wish you the best of luck anyways
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Those shows don't help people. They make them worse. It's all about getting dramatic results for the camera. So they put the contestants through ridiculous diets and rigorous training. Stuff that a person could never do in their ordinary life due to time constraints, such as work, family etc. Plus they go from having someone breathing down their neck 24/7 to having no support when the show is over and they inevitably slip back into their old routine. They loose the weight at an unhealthy rate while in the camp then when they come out and relax their routine they pile the pounds back on until they are bigger than before they started.
    Seriously friend, for your own sake, just do it your way on your own. It will take longer but you will have a better chance of keeping the weight off then. Good luck on your journey. xxx
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Those shows don't help people. They make them worse. It's all about getting dramatic results for the camera. So they put the contestants through ridiculous diets and rigorous training. Stuff that a person could never do in their ordinary life due to time constraints, such as work, family etc. Plus they go from having someone breathing down their neck 24/7 to having no support when the show is over and they inevitably slip back into their old routine. They loose the weight at an unhealthy rate while in the camp then when they come out and relax their routine they pile the pounds back on until they are bigger than before they started.
    Seriously friend, for your own sake, just do it your way on your own. It will take longer but you will have a better chance of keeping the weight off then. Good luck on your journey. xxx

I have to be honest I disagree, I think that they're pretty inspirational. Yes they are taken out of "reality" but that is no different to any rehab type program which is exactly what it is.

I have seen a few follow up programs and virtually everyone seems to continue to lose weight. I haven't seen the results two -three years down the line though. It would be interesting to see how people have done,
  • simplysassyoz
    Options
    I would love to be in your situation .. however here in OZ they are focusing again on families in 2011/2012 season!!

Regarding those who doubt the benefits of rapid weight loss I suggest you look at Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) program on line.

Michelle is Australia's female trainer (think Jilllian but taller) and has been running this "biggest loser style" program for a year or so and has amazing results.

Her website is www.12wbt.com or simply search on Facebook or YouTube for some pretty amazing results.

Cheers
    Sonya ;)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thats why i really love extreme makeover weight loss edition. he lives with them for a month and gets them in the habit, then leaves and they ahve to do it all on their own, and they have to prove how much they are willing to stick with it, because it is hard if you dont' have a trainer holding you accountable every single day
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support and advises! :flowerforyou:

10515637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options

I have to be honest I disagree, I think that they're pretty inspirational. Yes they are taken out of "reality" but that is no different to any rehab type program which is exactly what it is.

I have seen a few follow up programs and virtually everyone seems to continue to lose weight. I haven't seen the results two -three years down the line though. It would be interesting to see how people have done,

That's because when they plan a follow up program the contestants get more after show support to continue to insure rapid results for the camera. With no follow up show, they just get dumped like hot bricks.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    My ex husband was a big loser.... should I provide his phone number and other contact info to the casting call?

I'm sure he'd win, hands down!
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Thats why i really love extreme makeover weight loss edition. he lives with them for a month and gets them in the habit, then leaves and they ahve to do it all on their own, and they have to prove how much they are willing to stick with it, because it is hard if you dont' have a trainer holding you accountable every single day

^
    Yup
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Way to pee in the Cheerios!

Good luck at the audition!!!....or however that works....
  • Honey1990
    Options

That's because when they plan a follow up program the contestants get more after show support to continue to insure rapid results for the camera. With no follow up show, they just get dumped like hot bricks.
    how do you know??? stop being such a debbie downer. if you cant be supportive of her then dont post anything. stop being such a witch with a B and leave this thread alone.

Good luck!!! i hope you get in and loose all that you want and have an amazing experience!!!!
  • Honey1990
    Options

your just jealous that your not getting to try out for the show
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    My ex husband was a big loser.... should I provide his phone number and other contact info to the casting call?

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • dckim
    Options
    Update: OMG, it was 107F and about 100000000000 people showed up. It took about 4hrs wait to get to a group interview w/ the casting director and it took only 2-3min each person. Then, it was "we will contact you by tomorrow if called back, thank you all for coming ..." Well I heard today the season 12 contestants are already chosen. Oh well.... :ohwell: At least I met some interesting people and leopardvice, you were right. I never felt so skinny in my life!! :laugh:
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    sorry to be such a downer, but i agree with livi >_<

i'd suggest you read this before going:
    http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/

obviously this is just one girl's experience, but it was horrifying enough to me that any desire i ever had to watch/support that show vanished.
  • dckim
    Options
    sorry to be such a downer, but i agree with livi >_<

i'd suggest you read this before going:
    http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/

obviously this is just one girl's experience, but it was horrifying enough to me that any desire i ever had to watch/support that show vanished.

Wow! pretty shocking. Kinda reminds me of a marine recruit training (dehumanizing/brainwashing) . I understand this is a show business and it's all about ratings and making the mighty $$. Most show business people are users or *kitten* (I live 30mi from Hollyweird) anyway. I think an experience is what you make of it. I think this Kai lady may be bitter. :mad: Look, she did go from 262-->144lbs didn't she? How? by being a contestant on the show. Otherwise she would have done it already.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    well, good :) i think it was important to post just so people know a possible outcome- not everyone is as unhappy or there'd be more than one person from however many seasons speaking out, but i think it's good to know that there are negative experiences as well as positive ones before you attempt something.

anyway, good luck! it seems like you understand what i feel is the show's bottom line, and if you're ok with that (which it seems you are), then i doubt you'll have these same problems, and i'm not as worried :D